Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
I thought it was cool idea to start this new thread by myself here.... what did you watch yesterday or last night?

I watched...

Midnight Movie (2008) aka Killer Cut

Growth (2010)

Midnight movie is okay, but Growth is pretty similar to Slither. :)
By pagemaster1993
Last horror movie I watched was Trick R' Treat. Definatly a really good movie hope to get it soon. Hope to carve the Sam's Jack-O'-Lantern this year.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
This topic makes me realize I haven't seen a horror movie all that recently. I haven't watched many movies lately, in fact. Last horror related film I think I watched was Resident Evil: Afterlife.

On a slightly different note, the last movie(s) I bought was the Alien Anthology on bluray... currently on sale at Amazon for 62% off!

I realize that both of the movie series I mention above lean more towards sci-fi action. I think it's time I sat down with a good horror show. Maybe a ghost story?
By vibhandaka
Insidious! I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Scared the crap out of me.
By zombombie
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:This topic makes me realize I haven't seen a horror movie all that recently. I haven't watched many movies lately, in fact. Last horror related film I think I watched was Resident Evil: Afterlife.

On a slightly different note, the last movie(s) I bought was the Alien Anthology on bluray... currently on sale at Amazon for 62% off!

I realize that both of the movie series I mention above lean more towards sci-fi action. I think it's time I sat down with a good horror show. Maybe a ghost story?
How good is The Alien anthology on blu-ray?! The transfer is superb :D Some of my favourite movies of all time in crystal clear high-def - love it!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I haven't seen the image quality of the Alien discs yet, but I look forward to some crystal clear xenomorphs bursting out of chests in full HD. I watched most of the special features on the DVD version of this site a while back, and I was impressed with how exhaustive the information is. If there's anything you wanted to know about this series, this boxed set has it all. Tons of featurettes and commentaries.
By GUS
how's films on projector compared to simple tv ryan?

I hardly ever watch a film on tv these days, t'aint the same!
Whilst mine may not be a HD projector, it makes no odds when we all sit down & are able to appreciate cinematography in full effect.

We recently invested in a 9 ft cinema screen, really working well!
By pagemaster1993
Gus that would be pretty cool to be able to do. I bet it would be like being at the movies with out the sticky floors. I have to ask one question though. . . Do you play games on it too?
By GUS
Pagemaster, it's great we love it so much we bought a second one for our daughter (& to use hers for halloween projections).

I mainly use it for films, rarely, very rarely use it for games as i'm aware of the bulb costs & prefer to think when we use that amount of "juice" the whole family benefits not just one person, so I tend to use the 32" dining room lcd tv for the xbox.

Since the xbox came out I have only used it for ONE night on our main tv, It was part of the deal, not to hog the main t.v. ..which is now dominated by our daughters wii some of the time. :lol:

(I was an early adopter of the xbox360, bought upon it's immediate release, my latest one came free witha phone contract, just need to fix the original)
By GUS
Last horror I watched, was 28 weeks later, on the projector, due to it's graphic nature I only ever get to watch it when wife & child are out shopping, invariably the story is just ramping up, they return, I don't ever get to see the end! :roll: :lol:

However.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
GUS wrote:how's films on projector compared to simple tv ryan?
Unfortunately, I don't really have the space (or a proper screen) to use the projector on any sort of regular basis. For the time being, the use of my projector is more of a "special occasion event." On the "bright" side, I guess this means I'll get a lot of life out of my bulb?!
By SuperSonic
Jeez I can't remember anything recently, but Halloween II (remake) was the last one I watched (horrible). This was while i was camping last July :P
By pagemaster1993
Dadja wrote:Horror movies give me nasty dreams :|
Is that not the fun part about them?