Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By Raven
hkzombie wrote:Thirteen Ghosts and Dead Silence. I thought about the nasty and scary ventroloquist on my way to the bathroom that night and had to turn on the lights :(
I love both those movies. Those stupid dolls in Dead Silence creep me out!
By staticfurball
I've never seen Dead Silence I'll have to check it out. I watche Duel the othr night.
I liked 13 Ghosts and The Haunting.
By JimmOfTheDead
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Being sick isn't so bad if you get to watch all those movies! I wish I had time to just lay around and do nothing! :P (also, get well)
It's a mixed blessing, for sure. Being sick isn't fun, but getting some Halloween-related work done around the house and watching movies isn't a bad deal. Back to the real world today though, aside from sneaking off to post here. :D
RavensDestiny wrote:So you are the reason I am awake at 2 a.m. sneezing and coughing.. somehow, via internet, you shared your germs. I tend to do just as you have been doing and spend my day on the couch.

I watched The Hills Have Eyes today. Before that I watched Fertile Ground. I think both were on AMC Fearfest.
Sorry about that, I should know better than to visit the ZP Forum and get everyone else sick.

I love catching random horror movies on TV this time of year. AMC never lets me down in October.
By amandap80
The last 2 I have watched are The new Friday the 13th and 2004 Dawn of the Dead. I had never seen either. I will NEVER watch Dawn of the Dead again. OMG. I still have trouble falling asleep and have nightmares from that fracking movie. I prefer Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity, and The Others. Understated, spooky, but no blood. I cannot handle too much realistic gore. My bed room window has almost had plywood over it twice due to that movie.
By GUS
Amanda why not just beef up your home security weak spots as a matter of course!? ..seems that if you've a fear of zombie invasion you've got about as much chance with meth heads breaking in.

I actually plan improvements to be a little more "secure" each time, not to mention having lumber & spare padlocks, chains, rope, to restrict access, as well as galvanised steel sections that can fairly quickly be used as window coverings / block doorways.

..not to mention a chainsaw, petrol disc cutter (cuts through walls) emergency lights, & lots of sharp easy to use (ready to go) decapitation tools, gas bottles, reinforced (fire) doors.

your fear is not irrational, it serves to highlight points of entry.
By JimmOfTheDead
Double, Double, Toil and Trouble. It's a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie, as if you didn't already know.

Followed it up with the Night of the Living Dead episode of the new Elvira's Movie Macabre, and then The Monster Squad. Tonight, I'm watching Soylent Green.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Jimm, I like that you can appreciate the scary horror and the campy kid stuff too. From demons to Disney, you're a well-rounded Halloweenie.
By OldTrustyLegs
I just watched Hocus Pocus on Thursday night, but last real horror film was Exorcist. Though I did just order my copy of RiffTrax lampooning House on Haunted Hill, so that will likely be watched some time this week.
By staticfurball
I got arround to watching Dead silence and loved it.
By vibhandaka
Friday I watched Hocus Pocus and Carrie.
Saturday I watched Tales from the Darkside: The Movie and Halloween (original)
Sunday I watched Pet Sematary.

Still left on my must watch before Halloween List are:

Jeepers Creepers
The Worst Witch
Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
Disney Animated Sleepy Hollow
Cujo
Trick R Treat.
By JimmOfTheDead
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Jimm, I like that you can appreciate the scary horror and the campy kid stuff too. From demons to Disney, you're a well-rounded Halloweenie.
:lol:

It's been a pretty tame October this year so far, with fewer horror movies than usual. I'll be watching the original Halloween and Trick 'r Treat both this week though, and hopefully that helps make up for it.
By Ajax
Did you check out Tucker and Dale Vs Evil yet? It's fantastic.
By CombichristGirl
hte last horro movie i watched was my alarm going off this morning! i watched "end of the line" not bad more thrillerish id say