Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By Kittie
Okay. . who loved this movie? I know I did!
By GUS
Izzy saw it in Canada this year & positively loved it, so unfortunately a singular trip to MUCKdonalds ensued for a toy dragon.. (she'll learn)
I'm looking forwards to dvd release for film night on the projector...

Incidentally "Hot tub time machine"!!! ..watch it (the film I went to see whilst she watched How to train your dragon)
By matspud
Great film. It would have rated my fav of this year if Despicable Me hadn't come out. I wasn't really looking forward to it as there are sooooo many changes from the books, but, as a seperate entity, it is great and HTTYD2 is in the pipeline.

By the way, the books are great and the author, Cressida Cowell is lovely.A bit mad but wonderful with it.
By Raven
Great movie! I usually only see movies once they come out on DVD or Blue Ray, so I am sometimes behind in my new release viewing. This one was great and a Toothless pattern would be a nice add. :)
By GUS
you really meant to say "once theres a Sir Jim Of Savile & Johnny Cash Pattern posted didnt you, ..well thankyou ma-am, we'll bump them up the list..
By GUS
Just watched this with Izzy (temperature, nightmares & puking) ...Think it's my favourite dreamworks movie to date, possibly because "toothless" is really a cat!

..look at him, can't you tell!?
By CorpseBride
I just watched this movie tonight and I loved it. Made me ball like a baby for two reasons...

1. Its just plain heartwrenching and heartwearming at the same time.
2. Toothless...or as I prefer to call him/her Night Fury (because it sounds much cooler) is identical to my cat who went missing today :( Pretty sure the owls got her. :(

But on the brighter side I really enjoyed the movie, very well done. I fell in love with Night Fury in an instant.
By CombichristGirl
cb sorry to hear about kittty!
on the other hand mission and i loved this movie and carn you again cb because i love toothless! and saw an amigurumi of him on deviantart lol :lol: :lol:
By GUS
CorpseBride wrote:I just watched this movie tonight and I loved it. Made me ball like a baby for two reasons...

2. Toothless...or as I prefer to call him/her Night Fury (because it sounds much cooler) is identical to my cat who went missing today :( Pretty sure the owls got her. :(

But on the brighter side I really enjoyed the movie, very well done. I fell in love with Night Fury in an instant.
yup, another who see's the cat in that dragon!

CB sounds a bit cruel but don't let a cat out till it's possibly 6 months old, in order to totally ground it as to where home is! ...worked a treat with our kitten (of long ago) & possibly why our wandering ginger tom didn't wander (except to go for long walks with us) after we got him after he got stuck in a truck / van & ended up in another part of the country.
It's hard but in a way ensures they come running when called.
fingers crossed for the kittens re-appearance, one of ours used to go missing for days at a time (before we started grounding them)
..however we don't have such big animals for them to go up against c'ept cows & horses.
By CorpseBride
GUS wrote:
CorpseBride wrote:I just watched this movie tonight and I loved it. Made me ball like a baby for two reasons...

yup, another who see's the cat in that dragon!

CB sounds a bit cruel but don't let a cat out till it's possibly 6 months old, in order to totally ground it as to where home is! ...worked a treat with our kitten (of long ago) & possibly why our wandering ginger tom didn't wander (except to go for long walks with us) after we got him after he got stuck in a truck / van & ended up in another part of the country.
It's hard but in a way ensures they come running when called.
fingers crossed for the kittens re-appearance, one of ours used to go missing for days at a time (before we started grounding them)
..however we don't have such big animals for them to go up against c'ept cows & horses.
Yeah we kept him inside till he was about 5 and half months. Him and his brother that is. And we were going on 2 months of smooth sailing...one came in yesterday morning for his treat...the other didn't. They usually come running to the house (from their little heated house) as soon as the lights go on in the morning :( *sigh*....I just hope it was quick and he didn't suffer. I know he is gone...no doubt in my mind, him and his brother were inseparable. :(

Combi: Twinsies. I want to see that amigurumi :D
By GUS
Awful, i'd be inconsolable!
Like the sound of the heated cat house outdoors, got any links or suggestions, one area of cat (no current) ownership that irks me is seeing cats out hunting because they've nowhere warm & dy to simply settle & snooze out of the elements & harms way.. as a result voles & birds etc get decimated..
I'm looking for an all in one box solution or making a well insulated (iso insulation foam) & a small heated pad, run on a timer with a 40-60 watt solar panel..
By CorpseBride
Thats pretty close to what I have for my kitties. It is a regular dog house bought from walmart. But I popped off the roof and built a smaller frame to place inside. Then I insulated it with house grade recycled newspaper insulation and sealed all the edges with a waterproof toxin free silicone type material (the name of it is running away from me). And for extra warmth in the winter I use a heating pad set to a timer :D Works like a charm. I even have a mural painted on it :D lol...its badass.
By GUS
Sorry for dragging this movie thread offtopic (only more so)
CMON, ..PICTURE!
Do you use a small low voltage pet heat pad in there or something bigger voltage wise?
Hope you put insulation under the heat mat as well.
is the pad wrapped in anything eg a polartec fleece or similar?
Do you have a cheap wireless weatherstation with an wirelss secondary thermometor (eg an oregon or a similar cheap generic type)? ..if so what sort of temps does it read inside versus out?
I ask as much for info as I do for interest in looking after animals whilst being low energy..

Over here we (the initiated) swear by phenolic foil backed insulation board (similar to your graveyard styrene) as obviously that reflects the cold (outer layer) & reflects the heat back interior, keeping the thermostat heat cycles down & heat up) a small board aainst part of an outer wall saved us 1/3 of the heating in an open room, it's that effective.
How do you minimise heat loss around the entrance? is it part obscured with a secondary chamber or similar? or placed of fround in the lee of the wind sort of thing?
Do other cats try & take posession of it?