Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By zombombie
So I watched this for the first time tonight:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0422401/

It's ridiculous, silly and gruesome... I really enjoyed it! Basically a group of mismatched tourists go on a haunted bayou tour and discover the legend of Victor Crowley...

I really like the fact that they've tried to invent a new horror icon and the second one's out already! :)
By The Vlad Hatter
I heard such good things about this movie and about how it brings back the classic 80s slasher pics. It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't anything spectacular. It took the typical things this type of movie is supposed to have and just sloppily threw them in.

If you want to see a really cool reinvention or omage to the slasher movies, see Behind the Mask.
By zombombie
The Vlad Hatter wrote:I heard such good things about this movie and about how it brings back the classic 80s slasher pics. It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't anything spectacular. It took the typical things this type of movie is supposed to have and just sloppily threw them in.

If you want to see a really cool reinvention or omage to the slasher movies, see Behind the Mask.
I literally just ordered that today! Look forward to seeing it :)
By JimmOfTheDead
I'm still on the fence about Hatchet. Part of me says "Adam Green is just doing the same thing slasher franchises are known for, it's unoriginal and boring." Another part of me says "Adam Green is doing the same thing slasher franchises are known for, it's awesome and he's a genius!"

I haven't seen Hatchet II yet, but I've seen Behind the Mask and really enjoyed it.