Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By monstermash
I'm kind of too scared to see it now. I want to save myself from being totally desensitized.
By Vorta
monstermash wrote:I'm kind of too scared to see it now. I want to save myself from being totally desensitized.
This movie ain't gonna do /that/ to you. THAT comes from a whole childhood of slow, gradual desensitization.

Besides: It's not that bad being desensitized. Things don't make you jump so badly. You're able to make observational remarks and find humor in things that would rattle around in any normal person's psyche for weeks. Life and tragedy becomes one giant inside joke. :)

Unfortunately, it DOES tend make it hard to find a good horror flick that really impresses you. I've lost the thrill of going to see horror films with friends in theaters, because theater releases are becoming less and less appealing (Of course, unless I'm in a theater with a bunch of loud, fun people who all know the movie as well as you do.)

I DID like Piranhas 3D, though.
Just saying.

Join us, Monstermash! Come into the shadows with the jaded and sarcastic. >: D
By Dredge
Im with Vorta. Its hard for me to fins horror flicks that really mess with my head anymore....but this movie had my number. Im planning on watching it a second time tonight. I actually own it :twisted:
By GUS
ooh wait till senility sets in & you're seeing zombies ALL the time / won't see a doctor in case he centipedes you!
:lol:
By monstermash
Gus you "crack" me up! (pun intended)

Ok Vorta i might just join the dark side (pobably already there :twisted: ). I'm a huge fan of dark comedy and the like, so i can definately see the funny side of things that would freak others out.
Still no sign of the film being released here though which is annoying.
By Vorta
monstermash wrote:Gus you "crack" me up! (pun intended)

Ok Vorta i might just join the dark side (pobably already there :twisted: ). I'm a huge fan of dark comedy and the like, so i can definately see the funny side of things that would freak others out.
Still no sign of the film being released here though which is annoying.
Welcome to the realm of selfish existentialists, Monstermash.

And Dredge-- Jealous. <:D
By Ajax
I have no interest in it, I think it's just going to far. I'm not really a fan of that type of horror. Just the diagram grosses me out.
By monstermash
I finally got round to watching this and only because my cousin lent me her copy. It wasn't as shocking as I had imagined. I don't know if that says more about me or the film. It was very clean, very clinical. Certainly miles away from the grimey, bloody, gore of the Saw films.
A lot of the story didn't add up for me. For example for those who have seen it: if you were a police officer and you were in this mans house who was clearly an absolute nut case, would you leave for twenty minutes to get a search warrant or would you just burst the door down? And how did the doctor get the policemans gun off him in the pool room? He could hardly walk!! And how did the centipede get off the table when they had that much difficulty getting up the stairs? All these little things and more stopped it from being a really good original horror, for me.
2.5 out of 5 from me.
By pagemaster1993
Heard so much about this movie that I do not want to ever see it. This is up there with Teeth.
By CombichristGirl
pagemaster1993 wrote:Heard so much about this movie that I do not want to ever see it. This is up there with Teeth.
i enjoyed both movies lol but thats me i like good bad and worse horror flicks. either be super gory/scary or campy as can be i too laugh at some of the more morbid things in life lol
btw has anyone watched southpark human cent-i-pad episode? you should watch the movie then watch the show its great :)
By paddy_babe
I am defo NOT a fan of horror (yet I'm here, go figure lol) and I'm a big wimp when it comes down to it but I was really disappointed in this film... I thought it was a bit slow... don't get me wrong the gross bits were nasty ("EAT IT!!" comes to mind) but my heart didn't really race and the ending annoyed me. I give it a 'meh' lol