Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By GUS
Saw this last night, incredibly good, & cheap as far as hollywood go's..
Loved the fact that it was more psychological than anything else, no explosions, even the bbc would have considered it as a production by themselves.

http://www.thehappeningmovie.com/

Short at just 84 minutes however it starts immediately after the opening credits.
this was cheap on dvd so probably bombed in the box office however pretty watcheable, Mark Wahlberg played his part of an average joe very well.

I'll be watching this again over the next few nights.
simple & satisfying.
By Raven
I also liked the movie. Then again, I like a lot of M. Night's movies. I wasn't to impressed with the way the dialog was delivered, but I don't blame the acting skills since I have seen both main actors do very well in other movies.

I'm looking forward to seeing The Last Airbender.
By Ajax
I watched it at the theatre and was hugely disappointed I just didn't get the twist at the ending if there even was one. I think the twist was that there wasn't a twist.
By CombichristGirl
Ajax wrote:I watched it at the theatre and was hugely disappointed I just didn't get the twist at the ending if there even was one. I think the twist was that there wasn't a twist.
ha ha like robot chicken..."what a twist.." lol
By GUS
I'm going to watch it tonight on the projector, ..why does a film NEED a twist?? ..it doesn't thats maybe just what you've come to expect & expectations therefore ruined the delivery.
It's a good story, which is all it needs to be, strewth I know it's hollywood (& therefore gazillions of dollars, exlosions, marketing etc) ..however our " Aunty Beeb" ..the BBC turns up some cracking series, our film industry HAS to rely on goodwill, low budget (sub £1000000) & turns out some absolute cracking films.

We get upset when theres lots of cgi, explosions & little plot amongst it.
Look at 28 days later for example! (stencils please :lol: ) ..British, ..cheap, ..film.

Anyone read the book for more of an insight?
By GUS
Speasking of low budget, ...Hellraiser filmed in the 1980's on a seriously low budget, is due for a re-make 2012 at the last IMDB word.
By CombichristGirl
GUS wrote:Speasking of low budget, ...Hellraiser filmed in the 1980's on a seriously low budget, is due for a re-make 2012 at the last IMDB word.
thats just plain sexy! i agree we need some patterns. i actually like quiet a few of his movies including that one