Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By Ajax
I just got finished watching Pontypool. I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars. It was a unique take on the zombie genre. Most of the movie took place in a radio studio and was done through on air interviews with people who were experienceing the action first hand. There was only a handful of actors with actual dialogue throughout the whole movie. Both of these things added and took away from the movie. There were some parts that I wished I was able to see the events happen which would require a much higher budget, but this limited visual of the events added to the isolated claustraphobic feeling of the situation.

There were some generally creepy moments during this movie comparable to some moments in 28 days later, but there are only two or three of these that I recall. This was well acted by a mostly Canadian cast. Notable to this cast that fans of the x-files may remember was Stephen McHattie who did an excellent job playing the role of Grant Mazzy. I would recommend this movie to anyone interested in the zombie movie genre or just likes horror movies in general. For anyone who may have read Hater or parts of Hater like I have it reminded me somewhat of that. It is actually based on a novel which may be worth searching out since the budget won't effect seeing the action first hand.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for the well written review, Ajax. Pontypool will remain on my "to watch" list, and I'll add my thoughts to this topic after I eventually see it.
By Dragon
I saw Pontypool and didn't really like it, I suppose. There was too much emphasis on the idea that the english language had some secret trigger that was discovered and it was turning everyone into killers or something because it was spreading by merely talking english or whatever... Eh. At least I watched it on a rainy day and wasn't expecting anything. hehe.