Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
How many films is this now? This time they are due to start filming Dark Shadows (once Depp has finished POTC: 4). Apparently this was a gothic soap opera that aired on ABC between 1966 - 1971. involving vampires, ghosts and monsters.

Only three years to wait until we can see it......
By Zombie Pumpkins!
That will make it.... 8 collaborations?

Edward Scissorhands
Ed Wood
Sleepy Hollow
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Corpse Bride
Sweeney Todd
Alice in Wonderland
Dark Shadows

I guess they get along well. I'm usually a fan of the product they produce, so I'm not complaining.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CombichristGirl
the original dark shadows was actually a radio program and then tv and u can catch it on today on syfy channel
he is supposed to play barnibus sp?
i cant wait to see it either way because i feel ryans point of view lol
By nosferatu
Think so.

Burton and Depp obviously have a good understanding of each other and how the other one prefers to work. The evidence speaks for itself. I suppose its a case of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
By purple1worm
I agree it's a good pairing. They make great movies together. What more can you ask for? As long as they keep it that way,fight?
By Euri
So I'm WAAAAAy behind here and only just watched Burton's Sleepy Hollow this weekend. It scared the living lights out of me! I loved it! :D I especially liked how they had Ichabod as a detective of sorts, and gave it a personal, and unique twist. Johnny Depp's Ichabod was fascinating! He was in turn horrified, scared, intriqued, curious, thoughtful, and his mannerisims and expressions... I thought his performance rivaled his Jack Sparrow.

And I'll watch anything with Miranda Richardson. I love her!

I'm not familiar with Ed Wood at all. What's that?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Euri, glad you finally got to see Sleepy Hollow. I love the style and atmosphere of that one. I feel like it doesn't always get the credit it deserves.

Recently I've been watching some of the bonus features on the Sweeney Todd bluray. I've come to the conclusion that it's one of my favorites. Maybe behind only Edward Scissorhands for my favorite Burton/Depp collaboration.

And as for "Ed Wood" - it's a comedy-drama homage to cult filmmaker Edward D. Wood, Jr. The film follows Wood (Johnny Depp) in his quest for film greatness as he writes and directs turkey after turkey, cross-dresses, and surrounds himself with a motley crew of Hollywood misfits, outcasts, has-beens, and never-weres.
By Euri
Well, I think Sleepy Hollow is up for a replay this weekend too. :wink:

It sounds like I'll have to hunt down Ed Wood. I've thoroughly enjoyed every other collaboration of theirs. I'm totally down for enjoying another.
By vibhandaka
Johnny Depp will be the sexiest. vampire. ever. I am definitely psyched for this movie. I think Edward Scissorhands is still my fave Burton/Depp with Sweeney Todd coming in 2nd. :) I have never seen Ed Wood..
By zombombie
Favourite Burton/Depp is probably Sleepy Hollow closely followed by Edward Scissorhands. I love Ed Wood though, that's one of their more "out there" collaborations I think.

I'm looking forward toDark Shadows though. Don't know anything about it so I'm intrigued to find out more.