Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
Disney is set to buy Marvel for $4 billion.

What are everyone's thoughts on this. Will we see Wolverine is a remake of Beauty and the Beast or will this be a good thing for the company?
By GUS
This was all over the radio yesterday ( long phone interviews on Radio4 with Stan Lee) ...wow!

Hope they don't intefere too much with comic direction!
By nosferatu
Thankfully the charachters are so well established that Disney would never be able to alter their core being. Besides, who pays $4 billion to destroy a cash cow.

Should make a visit to Disneyland all the better though....

The one thing that Disney does well is merchandising so there will be plenty of that as well as a lot more movies. Rumour has it, they may even make a good one.
By GUS
Have they started building a "marvel-land" annexe (additional ticket price) to disneyland yet then!?

gotta be a matter of time!
By nosferatu
Anyone who has ever been to Disneyland Paris will have experienced the French version of Disney. Years ago, the response you got from from asking Mickey for a photograph is an audible huff from inside the costume followed by the most unenthusiastic pose imagineable. Hilarious! Not as funny as seeing Donald Duck smoking but hey, I believe all such practices have long since been ironed out, apart form the being treated with utter contempt....it just would not be the same without it. So much so, I believe they have tried to trademark it.

Therefore, by rites, should they introduce Marvel charachters there, should you ask the Hulk to pose for a photo you are most likely to be leaving the park minus your head.....I can't wait!
By Mistress_of_Halloween
True enough, if anything we might see more movies in the future as Disney is good for that sort of thing.
By nosferatu
Yeah, although I'll draw the line at The Hulk's Christmas Carol
By sodajazz
You need to give it a chance Nos, that film may be a blockbuster :lol:

I just want to know what's going to happen at Universals Islands of adventure, cause they have got Marvel super hero island... although I won't be sad to see the spidey ride go... talk about motion sickness.... :D
By Mistress_of_Halloween
I never thought of that Sodajazz. Maybe Disney will let Universial keep the attraction but charge them royalties or maybe they might force them to close it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I've been hearing a concerns from the comic fans fearing that Disney is going to change the Marvel characters and make them all family friendly. But Disney's goal isn't to put Mickey ears on everything. Their goal is to make money.

Keep in mind, they are the largest media and entertainment company in the world, and own a lot of other media entities. They own the ABC television network. They own Touchstone Pictures and Miramax Films (which at one point included Dimension Films and gave us a ton of horror movies). Disney even owns most of ESPN.
By sloaner
Very True Ryan. The first thing I was worried about was that they make all the movies PG from now on but I realized that they would try and keep the fans happy because thats what makes them the most money. They did make the pirates of the caribbean movies and I found them very entertaining even if they were only rated PG-13
By Ajax
Have you ever thought of selling zombie pumpkins to Disney Ryan?

By GUS
Actually the official disney pumpkin silhouette lanterns they've been selling look truly awful compared to ryans variations...
they really ought to have sought you out, as theres are a waste of time.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Walt Disney Company President and CEO Bob Iger stressed the notion that fans can expect Marvel to continue to operate as it has.

"We're not planning on any 'Disneyfication' of Marvel," said Iger, "...Our intention is to keep Marvel as an entity."

http://tinyurl.com/ollbuc
By SaneInsideInsanity
Really Marvel is a good investment for disney and i dont think fans of either should worry about change. Granted as a disney fan i do not like what they ahve been doing in the past decade but it's true they are out to make as much as possible and right now who can blame them.