Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By Dredge
Hey, Long time no see!

I had to come as soon as I read about this and post it..

Rob Zombie is making H2 (Halloween 2)!!! If its even half as good as the original remake, it should be gruesome!http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1311067/

The only thing its missing?? Sid Haig. (dont ask me, I just think hes creepy, and hilarious!)

Although he will be in The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (another upcoming Rob Zombie flick/animation), as Capt. Spaulding!!!
By Raven
Hey Dredge, welcome back! I'm a big fan of anything Rob Zombie, I look forward to the second Halloween movie from him. I really don't think of the first one as a remake, more of a prequel.
By rosesrunred
Anyone see it? I think I'll wait for it to come on DVD. just curious what everyone thought

I saw the first one he remade and didn't care for it. He is also remaking "The Blob"

Update: I saw it and i thought it was bad.
Last edited by rosesrunred on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By maegnus
I am a pretty big fan of his earlier movies, and very much enjoyed his first take on Halloween. However, this sequel left me pretty disappointed. The shaky camera work was particularly annoying and unnecessary (this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of The Blair Witch Project). It seemed like it was trying to be more profound, and yet the actual killing scenes were dumbed down and cliche. There wasn't even any real hardcore gore, as it was tough to make anything out.

It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, but I know he can do better (Devil's Rejects).
By CombichristGirl
maegnus wrote:I am a pretty big fan of his earlier movies, and very much enjoyed his first take on Halloween. However, this sequel left me pretty disappointed. The shaky camera work was particularly annoying and unnecessary (this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of The Blair Witch Project). It seemed like it was trying to be more profound, and yet the actual killing scenes were dumbed down and cliche. There wasn't even any real hardcore gore, as it was tough to make anything out.

It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, but I know he can do better (Devil's Rejects).
oh no! i want to see it so bad too darnit
By rosesrunred
maegnus wrote:I am a pretty big fan of his earlier movies, and very much enjoyed his first take on Halloween. However, this sequel left me pretty disappointed. The shaky camera work was particularly annoying and unnecessary (this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of The Blair Witch Project). It seemed like it was trying to be more profound, and yet the actual killing scenes were dumbed down and cliche. There wasn't even any real hardcore gore, as it was tough to make anything out.

I went to go see it and was dissapointed. I liked the first half of Zombies Halloween but this movie I was tempted to leave the theatre.
By vibhandaka
I really like Halloween, but was dissapointed in H2. IMO, it was over the top in some parts and MM was out of character.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Some good camera work and editing, realistic kills, and clever story concepts. But every time I started to like it, another unnecessary scene of stereotyped white trash or silly ghostly mother imagery ruined it for me.