Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By purple1worm
Great trailer. Looks like it's going to be a good movie. Great actors too, Benecio del toro, Antony hopkins,etc... 8) 8)
By gregh3196
Looks cool and i like that alot of horror movies are taking the classic route instead of some movie that takes place now and ends up just being terrible
By GUS
gOOD & DARKLY!
..great expectations.
By vibhandaka
I watched the trailer for The Wolfman recently and it looks good! IMO, the "wolfman" make-up looks old school, which I like.
By stormqueen29
Is anyone planning to see this movie?

I think it has potential, but I worry it might be a little to "out there" for me, I think I've lost my touch when it comes to scary movies.

Thoughts?

Gale
By JMP919
I think I might. I'm more of a vampire / zombie kinda guy, but my girlfriend really likes werewolves so.... I see myself going to see it
By monstermash
I saw the Wolfman today. I liked it but i think i liked the look of it rather than the actual script/plot. I am a fan of the 1941 classic of course and i was pleased to see that the names were kept the same and the general story was pretty much the same.

The dreary village and equally dreary London/asylum, the fog, the withered plants and trees and the creepy crumbling Talbot mansion were the best bits for me. Ive always loved really looking at sets, locations, props etc in films and the Wolfman had plenty to offer in that respect. Other than that it was just ok. It had a van helsingy, sherlock holmesy feel to it so if you liked them go for it . I think i will stick with Lon Chaney Jr.

Oh did any one else think that Del Toro looked a bit like Chaney in this? I did, a bit.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I'm interested, if nothing else, for the sort of visuals you described monstermash. The look of it seems right up my alley, and as long as the plot is decent enough to keep things moving, I'm quite hopeful that I'll at least like it.

The original ranks pretty high for me among those black & white classics, in big part because of the tragic and likable lead played by Lon Chaney Jr. It's a definitive werewolf tale, which helped establish the myths for moviegoers. Ya gotta love the moody foggy sets.
By monstermash
Yeah your right Ryan, nothing beats a foggy moor when it comes to period horrors. I liked it enough to get it on dvd but when the dvd is dead cheap. The pace is steady, like the original i found it quite dream like ( i suppose on the count of the fog and the general lack of colour) which slows it a bit but there is a few "jumpy" scenes that soon woke me up.
By purple1worm
It looks interesting! I'd like to see it. I like Del Toro he's a good actor. Plus it looks really spooky. That's my kind of film.