Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By nosferatu
I have just finished watching "Theatre of Blood" (Fathers Day present). I have seen it many times but I have fond memories of it growing up. I also have "Frightmare" and "Horror Hospital" also from the mid 70's to watch at some stage as well as the original version of "The Haunting".

Frightmare, if I remember rightly is about a cannabilistic granny but was actually quite good.

Horror Hospital, I remember watching and being appalled at the standards. Not just the acting, which was extremely wooden, but the standards of everything were lousy.

The thing is I remember watching all of these in the mid 1980's, sometime just after Nightmare on Elm Street, so I was always setting myself up for disappointment. Maybe time has mellowed my opinion.
By nosferatu
Have just watched the 1963 version of The Haunting and it is one of the best horror films I have ever seen. So well made, its all psychological. Truly amazing. Plus the added bonus of no Liam Neeson or Catherine Zeta Jones.
By Ajax
I'm going to search that out i read the book haunting of hill house i think it is based on that. The book was just okay.
By monstermash
I forgot all about the Haunting. Ive only ever watched the CZJ one, never knew there was an original. Google, here i come!
On a side note, just watched Sleepy Hollow on Film4. Got me right in the spirit of things.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Hmmm me thinks me need to start downloading