Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
It seems like every time I turn on the TV there is a preview of a new scary movie. It's getting a little wierd.
I've seen them for:

Friday the 13th
My Bloody Valentine 3-D
The Unborn
Underworld 3

And I lost track of the others.

I just think it's weird they didn't release these closer to Halloween.

Gale
By Dredge
FYI...My bloody valentine is good. If it wasnt 3d, it would suck. But it was gruesome!!
By The Captain
Well for Friday the 13th it comes out on Feb. 13th, which is of course a Friday. My Bloody Valentine 3-D is out now because if it came out Valentines Day weekend Friday the 13th would have crushed it. As for the other two ? SHRUGS ? :?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I saw My Bloody Valentine 3-D the weekend it came out. A film that knows just what it is, and has fun with it. A 90s style whodunit with an 80s slasher feel. Lots of creative "in your face" moments that utilize the 3D. Some say it's a gimmick, but I say, more 3D movies! Seeing it with an exited crowd made it great fun too.

I heard that My Bloody Valentine was supposed to come out around Valentine's Day, but as buhdewsy mentioned, with the new Friday the 13th coming out that weekend, Bloody Valentine had to be moved. And Friday the 13th just HAS to come out on that date. I'll be there that day to see that one too.

I'm not sure if there's really a rush of horror movies lately. If you watch the release dates, you'll see a bunch of horror movies spread out throughout the year. I guess they're good money makers for the studios, so until the trend chills out, we'll be getting our fix of werewolves and ghosts.
By purple1worm
It's fun to see scary movies through out the year! Besides it keeps the spirit of horror /halloween alive during the rest of the year.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Agreed. :) Since I'm planning to check out the Friday the 13th remake next week, I'm curious to see if they paid proper tribute to the original movies, or if they potentially ruined the franchise by taking things totally off course.

So... I thought it might be wise to reeducate myself on the Friday the 13th movies that came before. There are some I haven't seen in a long time, seen in bits and pieces, or maybe haven't seen at all.

Over the past week or so, I've been watching the entire Jason Voorhees saga in order. All 11 films. How many times can I bear to watch Jason slice and slash yet another helpless teenager? Well, by some body counts.... about 146.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nosferatu
All eleven in a week? That's pretty impressive bearing in mind that some of the later films felt like they were written, filmed, produced, released within seven working days. I still haven't finished some of them they were that interminable.

Friday the 13th is such a killer movie (literally) that I pray it does it justice.

Incidentally, one of my movie memories is going to the cinema to see one of the franchise and instead of screams of terror or shrieks of horror, every killing was met with ritual cheering and applause.

It was either a particularly poor movie or a sickened, horror hardened audience. I like to think it was the later.
By The Captain
Doesn't Jason Takes Manhattan suck so super badly? I can't watch it all in one sitting; I get so bored of it. I bought the box set of 8 + 9 and 10 in early 2008 and did the whole marathon thing too. I’m taking my wife out to dinner and to see the new Friday the 13th at the drive-in on Friday for early an Valentine’s Day date, I can't wait!