Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Bruce Campbell fans? I recently had the chance to see a screening of his new movie, "My Name Is Bruce" at a local theater. Here's a synopsis:

"Mistaken for the character he plays in the Evil Dead films, B-movie icon Bruce Campbell (playing himself) is kidnapped by the citizens of a small mining town who want him to save them from a vengeful demon. At first, Campbell thinks it's all part of an elaborate prank. But when he realizes the demon is in fact real, he comes face to face with a second terrifying enemy -- his own fear. Ted Raimi co-stars in this tongue-in-cheek comedy."

It's as silly and full of one-liners as his older classics. And it's totally made for Bruce Campbell fans specifically. In fact, there are so many in-jokes and references to his other work (like the Evil Dead series in particular) that most of the humor will be lost on non-fans. But if you're part of this specific target audience, you'll have a lot of fun with this movie.

What made this screening especially cool is that Bruce himself was there for an in person Q and A session with the audience. After the film, he gave us a generous amount of time and his answers had the crowd laughing...

Especially when one fan asked Bruce to call her mom (who is a big fan, apparenty)... but Bruce didn't identify himself during the phone call, and instead implied that he kidnapped the daughter and then hung up. The mom actually called the police. Ah, fun times!

Anyway, there are only a handful of dates left on this cross country movie premiere tour, so if you're a Bruce fan and live near one of the remaining venues, I recommend you check it out.

Here are a few pics of Bruce that I snapped. I was in the front row, but he stood in the far corner the whole time so I couldn't get too close.

"Hail to the king, baby."
By Ajax
Pretty frigen cool, i love his movies. I really think we need a Evil dead pumpkin pattern in oct 2009. I have a couple of his mcfarlene figures of evil ash and good ash i love them.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
After seeing Bruce in person and seeing what a funny and nice guy he seems to be, now I feel bad that I don't have an Ash pattern yet. May have to correct that in 2009.
By nosferatu
You can't beat a good fake kidnapping! Headline news in the UK today as a matter of fact.

The nearest we'll ever get to Bruce Campbell is Glenn Campbell. Doesn't he sing Rhinestone Zombie? He has a great website though...Bruce not Glenn. If chins could kill....indeed.

An Ash pattern would be great
By Ajax
Is this pattern going to be posted soon. I can't wait. :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
Thanks for the infor Ryan i now hasve a sudden urge to watch evil dead...this could be a long night