Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
Some friends and I happen to have access to both a digital projector, and a former high school auditorium. This auditorium space is no longer is use, and the stage has actually been filled in with a blank white wall. The perfect ingredients for our own personal movie screenings, if you ask me!

After a quick vote, the movie of choice for our inaugural show was one I'm sure many of you are likely to appreciate:

Playing with the fact that we're in a former school, I had a little fun and whipped up this flier:

But what I really wanted to share was this picture of the themed snacks I provided:

Hi-C no longer makes Ecto Cooler sadly, so I made some retro stickers to attach to the front of similar tasting juice boxes. And based on a still from the movie, I tried to make a fairly accurate label for Stay-Puft Marshmallows.

During the famous scene with that oversized food mascot, we opened the bag, chowed down on some marshmallows, and threw some at each other, naturally.

Who you gona call!? :D
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Sun May 16, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nosferatu
Sounds like the plot of a B movie in itself. Abandonded auditorium, group of friends watching film, standing in the corner there is a shadow. Remember that kid at school that nobody liked who suddenly disappeared. Well, he's back.....

When there's something strange in your neighborhood,
Who you gonna call?
PATCH - MASTER!

I'm afraid that that is just blatant showing off. Just remember next time keep an eye on the shadows.......
By Tkaraoke
Now that is really zuul!!! Damn, I remember those ecto-cooler Hi-C containers. I hope you had a good turn out!
By CombichristGirl
thats wicked and very generous of u and the school. i would have came fo sho!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Goonies and The Lost Boys have been bounced around as possible candidates for future showings. Now... to start thinking of snacks that fit those themes...

Maybe Baby Ruth bars for Goonies. And for Lost Boys... maggots in Chinese food containers!
By The Captain
My first thought was "Whoa! They still make Hi-C Ecto Cooler!" Very cool snacks and its awesome that you are involved in guerrilla cinema.

We have an art movie house that does a movies in the park thing that I have been wanting to go to. They are showing Gremlins for Christmas in December. But my big love and I am as we speak waiting for the website to update with tomorrow movies, is the drive-in. Silver Moon is 60 years old and still alive and kicking, check them out they were just on the news

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox ... cale=EN-US

Again Ryan awesome work, and much luck with your guerrilla cinema (wishing I lived near you, so we could come to your showings).
By Raven
Ryan that looks like so much fun! Reminds me of how great that movie was. Of all the things that could go through a persons mind he thinks of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.. :lol:

There is an online petition to bring back Ecto Cooler.
http://www.petitiononline.com/Ecto9146/petition.html
By nosferatu
Hi-C Ecto Cooler souns more like something you should put in your car engine rather than yourself.

I'm assuming it is florescent green? They probably stopped producing it as it was having some sort of glow in the dark side effect :lol:

I probably would have loved it
By Doh
I cannot help you with the Ecto Cooler but judging Ryan's photo I can say that the Sun Glo orange Juice boxes that he used were produced by none other than ME! :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Tongues for Goonies night... very creative. Our guests might be horrified by the platter of bloody tongues, but when that quote comes on in the movie they will say, "Ooh! How clever. Okay, I'll eat one now."

Drive-ins are classic, but I've sadly never been to one. Just when I discover one and plan to check it out, they close down. It seems to be a dying tradition, sadly.

Ecto Cooler was great. And yes, quite green. It was introduced in 1987, mascot Slimer left the packaging about a decade later, and the flavor got a name change (Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen) in 2001. That flavor was discontinued in 2007, and with that, Ecto Cooler was totally dead. Hopefully they revive it someday.

On the topic of makeshift movie theaters, I've also been involved with a few showings on a rooftop. The stairwell sticks out above the surface of the roof, and becomes another good place to project a movie:

With a show like this, you better hope you don't get thrown out of the movie "theater." It's a long drop.

By nosferatu
That is so damn cool.

Urban Guerilla Projection. Love it.

Look forward to seeing where you next project and what.
By The Captain
I'm jealous! That roof top theater would be amazing!

Never-ever? :shock: Man that is terrible, you must go to a drive-in at least one time in your life! Buhdewsy is on the case BRB!

... . . . . . . time passes . . . . . . . ..

I'm back!

OK Ryan you have two drive-ins in Connecticut. They are both closed for the winter, I think you missed one of them by a weekend. :oops:

http://www.driveinmovie.com/CT.htm

http://mansfielddrivein.com/

http://www.pleasantvalleydriveinmovies.com

Best I could tell the Pleasant Valley drive-in is the closest to you (Between 30 to 40 miles? I don't know for sure). We drive 50-55 minutes to ours, but we drive that far to just about everything because we live way out of "town".

Enjoy! (next spring anyway) :D
By The Captain
Ps
They are both still operating theaters, I called to check :D

Pps
We're going to see "Bolt" at the drive-in tonight!