Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By Sind3315
Some of my fav's are of course Halloween, something about Michael Myers just scares me.

Descent was the first movie that popped in my mind as far as a more recent movie.

High Tension was a good one as well eventhough it didn't get much press...

House on Haunted Hill, the remake. I really like that one...
By OogieBoogie
On the topic of more recent horror offerings, I enjoyed these...

"The Mist"
"30 Days of Night"
"The Descent"
"Slither"

I actually have a kind of funny story about the '30 Days of Night'
I lived in a trailer park last year, and Im pretty sure it was in January that we watched this movie. I know that there was snow anyway...
So after I put my son to bed me, my boyfriend, and my sisters boyfriend started watching this movie. When it got to the part where they were in the store and the older guy said something about it being his turn to distract the vampires so the rest of them could make a run for it, the power went out! (someone just down the street hit a pole and knocked out 1/2 the power in the area). But when you looked outside, the trailer park looked somewhat similar to the town in the movie. It was pretty funny.

Anyhoo...
I think that any movie that has the ugly grey aliens with the big ugly eyes and disgustingly long fingers is a scary movie.
ugh, I hate aliens...
:cry:
By nosferatu
ugh, I hate aliens...
They're okay once you get to know them. I still stay in touch with the ones that abducted me. Postcards from holidays, cards at Christmas, that sort of thing.

Ok, so the odd probe now and again is pushing the boundaries of friendship to the limits but its just their customs, their way of saying thank you
By OogieBoogie
*shivers* Im gonna have nightmares tonight.
I know its a stupid thing to be scared of, but Ive hated them since I was really little.
:oops:
By nosferatu
Best not look at this then

Oops....too late!
By CorpseBride
I just watched The Happening last night (the new m night shyamalan flick). And I thought it was pretty good. I love stuff like that.

Over the years I have somehow lost my horror movie stamina. I used to watch a horror movie almost daily and it never bothered me. But Saw really messed with my head...and ever since the first one I seem to be watching less and less thrillers and horrors. I just need to toughen up and get watchin again I guess.
By CanadianCarver
Anyone see Quarantine yet? I saw it last night. I liked it. The camera work was pretty cool. Really made you feel the tense moments. Check it out!
By PirateRogue
I would suggest Hellraiser, Evil Dead II, The Omen, and Scanners.

Me and my brother have been watching horror movies we've never seen before and those were all really good.
By Sind3315
Nosferatu you are just wrong! Freekin' hiliarious, but wrong! :lol: :lol:

Could you find a more creepy looking alien, sheesh, might give me nightmares now. :P
By Meya
I can't watch movies or TV shows or anything with aliens before bed or else I won't sleep. Signs kept me up even though I watched it around noon, and I think I slept with the light on the next night. :oops:

I have always loved Poltergeist. It's not the scariest movie, but I love it. May!! I almost forgot May!

And I have to comment on The Mist... from now on I am stopping the movie where it ends in the original story. Ugh.
By Sind3315
Slasher type movies make me jump, which I like, but the real scarey ones are the ones like "Signs", seem too real to me. My fiance laughs at me because Signs creeps me out. Man, when you see that image of that Alien walking, just gives me the heeby jeebies! :lol:
By OogieBoogie
Signs actually didnt bother me too bad because the alien was green and reminded me of some mutant sea horse. But I hated the part at the end when the alien had the little boy. :shock:
By SuperSonic
1st 2 halloweens r the best
By Cheef
I really enjoy Zombie movies for some reason.

Shaun of the Dead is a favorite of mine...

were also going to have Nightmare and Corpse Bride on during our little halloween get together..