Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By Raven
In another thread I was giving SS a hard time about never seeing the Exorcist. However today while I was carving Frank N Futer I realized I have never watched the entire Rocky Horror Picture Show before. I've seen bits and pieces, but never the whole thing. A month or so ago I watched Rosemary's Baby for the first time ever.

So fess up horror film fans! What popular scary movie have you never seen that it seems like everyone else can quote word from word? If you don't like scary movies, that's one thing. I'm talking to those that love to watch horror movies. Anyone out there maybe never seen Halloween or Friday the 13th? Time to confess!
A lot. I'll leave it at that for the most part.

Heres a few though to give you an idea:

Poltergeist
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Rosemary's Baby
The Exorcist
Carrie
Friday The 13th
Nightmare on Elm St.

And a whole lot more.
I haven't seen the Omen, or Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I haven't (and probably will NEVER) see Devils Rejects. I can't handle most of the newer ones.
I've seen a good majority of all the well knowns, but one movie that I have never ever seen is "An American Werewolf in London" which is kind of ironic considering we just got the re-issue of the pattern in the movie monsters section. I've seen all of the Halloween, Friday..., and Nightmare movies, but I I admit that when it comes to scary movies I prefer a legitimate scare over a bunch of slash-em-up scenes, so many of the slasher flicks, I have not bothered to watch just out of preference. Hatchet I watched, but couldn't stand it so didn't bother with the rest. I watched Saw, but was to disgusted to see any more. Pretty much any slasher you can bank on me having not watched except for some weird documentary type movie called Cannibal Holocaust which was pretty disturbing.
I haven't seen any Friday the 13th films. IV was on lastnight but I didn't watch it. Erm, I can't think of a horror that's popular or classic that I haven't seen but i'm sure there are plenty. I haven't seen some of the Ghostbusters films in their entirety but I have seen the first one. It was on yesterday.

I'd need to look at a list of the top 50 horrors or something to check what I have not seen. I might go and find such a list just now.
monstermash wrote:I'd need to look at a list of the top 50 horrors or something to check what I have not seen. I might go and find such a list just now.
LOL, I had to do the same exact thing... Looked at like 4 different lists after a quick Google search of top 50 and top 100...
After a quick glance at one list I noticed Alien. I don't think ive seen any of those films from start to finish. Ive probably seen the majority of the first one and unfortunately I've seen the whole of Prometheus.
monstermash wrote:After a quick glance at one list I noticed Alien. I don't think ive seen any of those films from start to finish. Ive probably seen the majority of the first one and unfortunately I've seen the whole of Prometheus.
:pale:

The Alien series is one of my all time favourites. And I even liked Prometheus!
This is actually a really good question! I was going through lists of top horror movies for the movie night we had the other night and came across a few I hadn't seen, nor had I even heard of them! I've seen the majority of the most popular/older horror movies because my dad was a horror/sci fi fan. So I can't think of any VERY well-known ones that I haven't already seen. When going through the list though, I hadn't seen:

The Dead Zone
The Wicker Man
The Devil's Backbone
Village of the Damned
Repulsion