Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By chuckwagon
Just finished watching World War Z... Decent movie if you're into the whole "Zombie Apocalypse" thing, but since when did Hollywood decide that zombies have super human strength and abilities all the time? The last few movies like this that I've watched always seem to turn the un-dead into out-of-this-world flesh hounds with the power of 50 men who are immune to blunt force trauma and deep lacerations. Shenanigans I say! Zombies should be slow, lumbering, clueless acting, and relatively normal looking. And for the record... lets not call an infected human a zombie... zombies are deadies who come back to life, not regular people who just happened to get some super AIDS blood in there eye. Make up another word, and stop confusing me! Just my humble opinion anyway, I'm sure plenty of people disagree, but I think that zombie atributes should seemingly fit the nature of what exactly a zombie is. I googled the definition, and yes, wikipedia says that "zombie" can be a figurative term for a hypnotized person who is not wholly self aware or concious, but ultimately it is a corpse rased from the dead by magic or witchcraft. Maybe I'm just really really really to into this stuff, and shouldn't take it so seriously... I apologize, and am now returnng to my underground zombie shelter. I have provision down here enough to support 10 people for 14 days, so speak now to save a spot... END RANT
By pagemaster1993
I find it funny that such super powered zombies would exist in a movie adaptation of Max Brooks book. I never read World War Z, but have read The Zombie Survival Guide. If I remember correctly it even states in there that Zombies can't run, jump, climb, or do too much. I believe it was because most of the muscular organs would have shut down do to the virus.
By monstermash
Haven't seen WWZ. Just kind of forgot about it really. I suppose seeing as zombies aren't real (yet!) then they can be fast or slow, vocal or mute, smelly or well groomed, whatever you fancy. Personally its the slow creeping zombies of Night of the Living Dead and Dawn... and many more since then that I think of when the Z word is mentioned. Now the rabid, ultra strong, ultra fast creeps in the likes of 28 days Later, I am legend and the Crazies are fine by me as well but they aren't the undead in my eyes. They're still alive and have been turned this way by some terrible virus that has altered their mind and bodies. I suppose the infected, crazy types would eventually die where as the shufflers don't seem to, they just keep going because they are already dead. This is all hypothetical of course... :roll: :lol:

Chuck, if you get bored or overrun in your underground shelter you can come and find me in a big shopping mall. I'm going old school!
By chuckwagon
That's the thing... I don't agree with using the "Z" word to describe those individuals who are 'infected' with whatever the said super virus is... I really think "Zombie" should be reserved for the un-dead, and the un-dead alone. I was actually talking to a coworker about this and we both agreed that a specific tag should be placed on these so called 'infected humans'... He came up with 'Rage Demon'... I LIKE IT, but it also gives the impression that there is some Satanic presence in the body when it really seems more like a medical condition. Now, even though I like the idea of dark forces being behind it all, I can't justify using the word demon in the title, so I offered a combination of the two words... "RAGEON"... I say it can be both singular and plural. EX: "That Rageon wants to eat our flesh", or "Those Rageon have taken over the city, so we must escape." Sure it sounds like a pretty slang way of saying raging, but if you put emphasis on the letter E, I think we could pull this word off... Take that high school English teacher! :lol:
By oSpriteo
Watched this last night and enjoyed it. The 3D was lacking and really only added depth to the movie.
This didn't seem like the typical zombie horror movie but more like just a regular action movie. Funny how random people were risking their lives to keep Brad alive after only meeting him for 5 minutes :roll:

I'm a fan of both the slow and super fast moving zombies. I am getting tired of movies showing zombies just stand around waiting for someone to walk by. They should be out hunting for BRAINS

Spoilers below
Funny Honest Trailer video
By monstermash
oSpriteo wrote: Funny how random people were risking their lives to keep Brad alive after only meeting him for 5 minutes :roll:
We must protect his perfect face!!!! :lol:

I think I thought it looked more like an action film when I saw the trailers which maybe put me off as i'm not a huge action movie fan. The only reason I was going to see it is that some of it was filmed in Glasgow and ive walked those streets many a time so I wanted to see how it looked infested with brain munchers. From the looks of the trailers not too different from most saturday nights in Glasgow.
By staticfurball
I watched this in theater and thought it was great, well done and perfect for big screen.That being said, It was more like an action film though, didn't get that good old HORROR movie feel to it. There was some old school creepiness to it missing.
By Beast75
I went into this with low expectations after seeing the cgi laden trailer. I was actually suprised as it was enjoyable, but yeah I like the idea of zombies that can't climb like monkey and run like usain bolt.
By chuckwagon
Beast75 wrote:but yeah I like the idea of zombies that can't climb like monkey and run like usain bolt.
I seriously LOLed at the Usain Bolt comment!!! Hysterical! But yeah, just to clarify, I did very much enjoy this movie and the premise of the super virus that can devastate the human race. It seems very believable and leaves you with the "what if..." questions. I just personally refuse to call them Zombies :lol:
By keifferone
I watched this this last night and really liked it.