Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By zombombie
Has anyone seen this yet? Creepy animal masks!

I'm hoping to go see it this weekend. Seems to be getting pretty good reviews across the board. A home invasion movie with a lot of gore that seems to be pegged as going down as a bit of a cult classic. Looking forward to it :)

Last edited by zombombie on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By monstermash
I fancied seeing this as I too have heard good things about it. I don't mind the home invasion genre, The french flick "Them" or "Ils" is a pretty good, scary home invasioner. The Crimewatch re-inactments usually scare me more though!
And you can't go wrong with animal masks in horrors, creepy as hell. I think it stems from watching The Wicker Man for me.
Let me know how it was if you go and see it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hmm, I can't see your images zombombie. Maybe they are protected against hotlinking outside their home server (but you might see them here if you have them cached on your home computer).

Anyway, yeah I've heard good things about this movie too. I'm interested, although I don't know much about it other than the animal masks and home invasion theme. I'm actually really interested in this genre because, unlike a lot of supernatural horror, home invasion is something that can really happen. And so I find those movies to be more scary than something like a vampire or ghost story. One of my favorites in the genre is "The Strangers."

I actually have recurring dreams about home invasion. In my dreams I'm always trapped inside my house, with bad people on the outside, banging on doors and windows, trying to get it. There's something about that claustrophobic feeling of being trapped, and not being to tell who is on the outside and what they are planning to do. Very chilling to me. My dreams do not wake me in a terrified cold sweat. When I wake up, I usually think, "Wow, that was pretty cool and thrilling." It's like how you feel when getting off a roller coaster. Safe scares. So I guess that's why home invasion movies appeal to me. They stir up adrenaline in the same way.
By Raven
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: When I wake up, I usually think, "Wow, that was pretty cool and thrilling." It's like how you feel when getting off a roller coaster. Safe scares. So I guess that's why home invasion movies appeal to me. They stir up adrenaline in the same way.
Weirdo! :P

I'm the opposite. I lean more towards the supernatural/ghost/haunted house movies. They scare me more than anything, which is strange since I am a non believer in the supernatural. Occasionally I will have a scary ghost type dream, thankfully not often, and when I wake up I have to turn on the light and it usually stays on.

I do agree that the home invasion scenario is very scary because it can and does happen. In fact, my husbands aunt and uncle had their house broken into while they were home but didn't know it till the suspects were seen walking out of the house with some stuff in hand. They live in a very large house, but it's still scary to think someone came in, took some stuff, and left without them knowing.

I will still watch You're Next because I just have to see them all. I will probably wait for the DVD release, or possibly catch it in the bargain theater as I think movies are more scary in theaters than at home.

Oh, and I can't see your pictures either Zombombie!