Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
ghostface wrote:If I were you I'd stay as far away from Jason Goes to Hell as you can... AWFUL!!!!!
I believe Jason Goes To Hell suffers the same fate Halloween III: Season Of The Witch does. Jason was barely in the movie (in person).
He's there in the beginning to get blown up. Then possesses people. Finally he's resurrected, to get his butt kicked.
I agree with you pagemaster. They tried a different concept for Jason Goes to Hell but... I don't want to see a bunch of random nobodies doing the killing, even if they are supposedly possessed by Jason. Doesn't feel like a Friday the 13th movie at all. I will say... Jason does have a cool look when we do see him. Part 3 of the Halloween series is a bit different, because it purposefully doesn't have anything to do with Michael Myers. So if you view it as its own thing, I think there are things to be admired. However, with Jason Goes to Hell, it actually is a Jason Voorhees movie, but it doesn't give us all the classic Jason action we expect.
zombombie wrote:I've not seen Jason goes to Hell or Jason X. I feel like I should see them to complete the series!
Oh, and I agree... even if they are the lousy installments, any good fan should watch every movie in a series so they can feel complete. It's nice to be able to say "I've seen them all!" It just adds to your horror education.
monstermash - I really like your list. You seem to have good taste in horror. A lot of your picks for this year are classics (but maybe not the cliched ones that everyone knows). You're a cultured horror hound who knows their history.

RavensDestiny - You're off to a great start this year, as far as getting in the mood for Halloween. Watching whatever comes on TV is a good way to get some variety in there. You never know what you might catch next.
So this weekend I added t my list and watched:

Halloween Resurrection: I enjoyed this more than H20, it was a bit silly in places, but as far as modern Myers goes, I liked it!

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan: Terrible.

Freddy vs Jason: I get a real kick out of seeing this 2 on screen at once. I really like this movie, though it has a couple of ropey moments.

Hannibal: I like the Hannibal Lecter movies, and this one has some great Lecter scenes.

Next up we'll be watching Red Dragon, so we can complete the Hannibal Lecter trilogy, and some more in the Halloween series :twisted: