Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By chuckwagon
Just read a yahoo news article that Aaron Eckhart will be starring as The Monster in an upcoming movie called "I Frankenstein"... As the first line of the article reads, "Who says Frankenstein's creature can't be kind of a good lookin' fella?" LOL

Link to the article and photo... http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 58372.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Zombie Pumpkins!
There have been countless retellings of the Frankenstein story. I'm a huge fan of the Karloff version of course, but even that movie took many liberties with the original Mary Shelley story. So I'm open to new takes on the concept, whether they follow the book or do their own thing.

In the book, the creature could talk. And when speaking to his creator, Victor Frankenstein, he calls himself the "Adam of your labours." So this new movie is hitting on those ideas, with the intelligently speaking character, Adam, played by Aaron Eckhart. I also hear that the movie's timeline carries through to modern times, which could be interesting.

Other than that, I don't know much about the story of this movie. I might try to keep it that way. If I avoid spoilers I can go see it with a fresh mind (as opposed to an abnormal brain).
By chuckwagon
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I might try to keep it that way. If I avoid spoilers I can go see it with a fresh mind (as opposed to an abnormal brain).
Or an Abby Normal brain... If you like Young Frankenstein, LOL
By Pargolf
For the Karloff fans. The great special effects artist Rick Baker did a drawing of the monster . It is breathtaking. Check it out on Google
By GeordieKin
Many years ago (1973 to be exact-gulp) I saw a 'good looking'' version. The made-for-TV film was called Frankenstein: The True Story. Michael Sarrazin played The Creature, and his wide-eyed strange beauty and innocence affected me deeply. I've never seen it since, but remember it as touching.. So moving it made my throat close over and my eyes well up!
By Pargolf
I attached the Rick Baker Rendering of Frank. Not sure about rules for other's photo's so will delete if an issue.

One of the best I have seen of Karloff Monster: It looks like he is saying" I didn't ask to be here!!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Rick Baker's rendering really captures the emotion of the creature. Baker is clearly a huge fan of Frankenstein, he's all over the Unversal bluray release, talking about his knowledge of the film and makeup.
By chuckwagon
That's really not what I was expecting at all... But I respect and like the idea of a new retelling, so I'm gonna check it out... I did read an article that says it's actually supposed to be much closer to the original Mary Shelley book. I must admit that I've never read the book (insert chastising here) so now I gotta get that done.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I agree, that trailer isn't what I was expecting at all. I'm not sure what I expected, but having also heard that it was to be a closer retelling of the Mary Shelley book, I figured it would be something a bit more... I don't know, subdued? I didn't know this movie had so much fantasy action.

When I saw all the crazy battle scenes, I was reminded of other dark action movies like the Blade franchise. Or in particular, the tone of the Underworld series. Then I saw Bill Nighy's face and "From the producers of Underworld." Heh, now it really feels like Underworld.

I'm totally game. The concept has promise, but even if they screw up the script, the visuals look like total eye candy for a fan of gothic action movies like myself. It's nice that it's not coming out this Halloween season, so I might actually have time in January to go see this.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
FRANKENRANKEN! Haha. It appears they used the wrong center panel for that bus banner. Oops.

I've been seeing more ads for this. While I typically love the gothic action style of Underworld, there have also been some lackluster movies made in the same mold. And I can't seem to shake the feeling that I, Frankenstein is one of the bad ones. The sort of movie where the flashy trailers hook me in, and then I regret paying $14 to see it in the theater.

Let's see what the critics are saying... Rotten Tomatoes has collected 7 critic reviews so far. And.. uh oh, all bad. 0% rating so far. :frank: :o

"Long on talk and incoherent action, devoid of humor, this listless supernatural actioner surely has Mary Shelley turning in her grave."

Ouch.

I'll probably still see it. But it's sounding more like a rental for me.
By chuckwagon
Aww, that's a shame... I had high hopes. I wanted it to do well. Oh well, good thing my father works for redbox, lol.