Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By monstermash
Yeah I felt a bit let down by the ending too. I'm not sure what I was was looking for but for me the whole film just didn't have the same quality that say, The Orphanage or Devil's Backbone had. I too had that empty feeling at the end. I felt the same emptiness after the Evil Dead remake, not a vintage year for horror so far :( .
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for sharing your mini reviews everyone. I love to see the conversations happening here.

I'm still interested to see Mama, for what seem to be some tense and interesting visuals. I'll temper my expectations though, especially when it comes to how they conclude it.

Also worth noting is that Guillermo del Toro just served as executive producer. Attaching his name helped get the attention and funding needed to turn Mama from a short film into a full feature. But Mama was co-written and directed by Andy Muschietti, so I wouldn't expect the film to be in the usual del Toro style.

Also, del Toro directed The Devil's Backbone, executive produced The Orphanage. But I'm sure you know all this, Monstermash. You know your genre stuff. :) I'm sure many of us are curious to see what del Toro does with this summer's Pacific Rim, his first official time in the director chair since 2008's Hellboy 2.
By chuckwagon
i just read that he abandoned the "at the mountains of madness" script because it seemed to similar to the recent Prometheus movie :(:( oh well, i guess Re-Animator will have to remain the closest thing to a blockbuster smash for an HP Lovecraft adaptation.
By Raven
I FINALLY watched this movie today and was thoroughly let down by it. Like many movies the best parts are shown on the previews. I wasn't even scared by "Mama" although I thought the sound she made was creepy. I didn't exactly hate the ending, but I was bothered by the fact that Mama was still on this earth because she was searching for her baby. Once she got her baby back she carelessly tosses it over the cliff like it was nothing. Not to mention the uncle and his wife will now probably be going to prison for the rest of their lives for the murders of the Dr., the aunt and the other little girl. They can't exactly claim a dead lady did it all and be believed. Other than that, it was o.k. :P