Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
Saw it today. Loved it. It felt so nice to be back in middle earth. I actually got a bit choked up when a certain familiar song played at the beginning. I wont go into details of the film but I will say I really enjoyed the bits with the goblin king. For me, there are too many good bits to mention, I urge anyone to see it. I felt the time just flew by.

And you know another great part about the whole experience was not having to watch any adverts before it came on. Brilliant!

Anyone else watched it yet? Thoughts? Did anyone else have tears in their eyes at seeing the "No Addmitance" sign on Bilbo's gate again? Oh, just me then. :oops: :)
I'm going to assume you're talking about Thorin? My wife has a little thing for him now too! See what I did there?!

I really enjoyed it! Didn't think it was too long but I do think 3 movies might be a bit much. Still, looking forward to the next installment :) Next on my 'to see' list: Rise of the Guardians!
zombombie wrote:I'm going to assume you're talking about Thorin? My wife has a little thing for him now too! See what I did there?!

I really enjoyed it! Didn't think it was too long but I do think 3 movies might be a bit much. Still, looking forward to the next installment :)
I was thinking more along the lines of Bombur... and Bary Humphrey's character :kiss: :lol:

As for there being three films, I couldn't disagree with you more. I think there is plenty in the Hobbit to make three films interesting and especially if Jackson slots in a few other bits and bobs. The more the better for me, I can't get enough of Middle Earth. I can't see me managing a back to back viewing of all six films though, but i'll give it my best shot :) . Roll on part two and three.
By b2b
A friend and I watched it at the midnight opening of Friday morning. Last night, I experienced it again while attending a private showing for 36 at CINETOPIA in the Movie Parlor Theater in Beaverton, Oregon. I am not going to put spoilers in here, but I will just say that I will have to see it a couple more times before it hits video, and then have a fooder and film night at the house when it gets released. There was not one person in the audience who wasn't very happy they came, (but a part of it was the accommodations and service in the theater itself.) If you are in ever in the area, be sure to catch a flick at on of the Cinetopias in Oregon or Washington. Outstanding!
I haven't seen this movie yet, but am a HUGE fan of the LoTR series and all the books pertaining to Middle Earth in general. As I recall, the hobbit isn't such an epic story line like the LoTR trilogy so I can't understand why they are doing a trilogy. It was understandable with LoTR, as it's a very epic and in depth tale, which even excluded the whole story of Tom Bombadil ( even though it had no relevance to the main plot). Can any fans of the book confirm if any parts or chapters have been excluded from this movie?