Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By Raven
Since Ryan posted a picture of these skulls Michaels had to offer I have been stalking my local store to get my hands on one. They took their time putting them out on the shelves and I was afraid I wouldn't get one.

Here's what he started out like.

And here is what I did to him. I'm still thinking I might want to paint his teeth.. going back and forth with if I should or not. I would probably use an orange color on them if I did. He is hollow and there is a carved out place on the bottom for a cord if you wanted to add a light. The last pic shows him lit up.
I'm no great artist, but I think I did o.k. on him.

I did a bit of a blog on what I used on him, although it's pretty self explanatory. I drew a design and painted him. :)

http://teriturnmire.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... ertos.html
Last edited by Raven on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He turned out great!! You captured what a classic sugar skull is...the spiderwebs, the flowers, etc. Very traditional yet beautiful. I would totally paint the teeth, a nice orange would really make it POP!
By MooBoo
That is beautiful! I love the details an i totally agree the teeth would look great orange. :D
By monstermash
RD it's amazing. You're roses are beautifuly painted. It looks edible! I think you should paint the teeth but ive no idea what colour, something bright though. 8)
By SuperSonic
This is absolutely STUNNING!! I agree, painting the Teeth orange would make this reallly pop out! :twisted:
Thanks for the comments everyone! I actually always feel apprehensive about showing crafts that I have done. I know they don't always turn out like they do in my head, and maybe I'm just seeing them looking better than they do.

I took everyone's advice and painted the teeth. Now I wish I had to begin with because it looks great with them painted!

Thanks again!!

RavensDestiny, your art projects are always great. You clearly have a crafting urge, I've seen you do a lot of different things. Never hesitate to share, I'm sure every photo is bound to inspire at least one person, and that's what it's all about.

Agreed on the painted teeth, that orange color looks great. I love this skull now.
By SuperSonic
"Sweet skulls! sweet skulls! crystal sugar candy skulls!" "Tell me your name I give you a skull."

Mr.Moundshroud - The Halloween Tree