Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By Raven
I'm really not a fan of carving foam pumpkins, although I do like the carves others do. I sometimes use them for other craft projects, this is my newest that I did yesterday. This is on a medium sized Michaels 'kin in white. It would look great on black also, but I prefer the white. I glued on about 430 of the little rhinestones and a glittery black spider. I don't really like the eyes on the spider, I think it makes him look goofy, so I may try to either pick them off or paint over them with black paint.

I'd love to see other ideas for the foam pumpkins instead of just carving them. I did little scenes or dioramas inside a couple of them one year. Maybe I will try and take better pictures of them this year and repost them.
By pagemaster1993
Very nice. I believe I have seen people make whole dioramas inside a foam craft pumpkin before.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice idea, Ravens. Looks classy. I read on your blog that you use tweezers to place the rhinestones? Also, what type of glue did you use? I tried to do a similar project with little gems like this, and let's just say... even with tweezers, I ended up with glue all over my finger tips... which made fingerprints all over the project. :cry:
By Raven
zombombie wrote:Very nice RD! Great imagination and fantastic execution :) A bit spacey with the glue huh? ;)
Haha.. I swear it gave me a headache last night. :) Luckily no glue hangover today.
By Raven
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: I read on your blog that you use tweezers to place the rhinestones? Also, what type of glue did you use?
I should have wrote a better tutorial on my blog. As it was, I didn't really think about it till I was done with the whole thing and only blogged for the sake of blogging something. Next time I will put a little effort into it.

My husband had given me these tweezers to use to pick up even smaller crystals I was using to make some jewelry. I was trying to pick up 2 - 3 mm crystals and place them in resin. It was really not working well so he brought me these. He bought them off of DealExtreme.com. I think they came in a set of different tips and sizes.

They have very thin pointed tips that are perfect for picking up smaller things. They are sharp though and will poke through skin. I think with the tips being curved also helps a lot.

The glue is Liquid Fusion that I found at Hobby Lobby. I wanted a waterproof glue for something else I may be making. It's clear when wet and of course when dry. It's not quite as thick as super glue, but thicker than say Elmers. I didn't have too much trouble with it being runny on the curve of the pumpkin unless I used more than needed. Drying time was pretty fast which came in handy when I had to hold down each spider leg on the 'kin.

This is the jewelry I first used the tweezers for. I was setting the crystals in resin which would have retained my finger prints if I had touched it. I'm making these to look like different constellations in the night sky, the crystals being the stars. This is Scorpio. I might make more of these for sale someday.

By MooBoo
Love the pumpkin, it looks amazing. An i like the spiders eyes he looks cute. :D. If you do make anymore of those pendants put me up for an order! They look great!
By Raven
MooBoo wrote: If you do make anymore of those pendants put me up for an order! They look great!
I plan on making several more and putting them on Ebay.. I've drawn out several constellations. Depending on your zodiac sign or favorite constellation I might have one you want. Some constellations are crazy and I'm not sure I want to attempt to recreate them. :)