Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By nosferatu
I was in Southport today and for lunch I decided to stop off at Crosby Beach and see some sculptures by one of my favourite artists, Antony Gormley. Another Place consists of 100 cast-iron, life-size figures spread out along three kilometres of the foreshore, stretching almost one kilometre out to sea.

The Another Place figures - each one weighing 650 kilos - are made from casts of the artist's own body standing on the beach, all of them looking out to sea, staring at the horizon in silent expectation.

I think they are beautiful. They remind me of my youth, walking to school along the shore, daydreaming and thinking of anything but the day ahead. On a murky day, such as today. Rainy, overcast, foul they have another world feel to them and actually look like they are emerging from the sea.

The last image is called Domain Field. For me it has an apparitional, ghostly quality which I love.

For those of you interested, he currently has sculptures on display in New York and his excellent website is

http://www.antonygormley.com/
By KILLER KLOWN
Thanks for sharing this Nos. The figures on the beach are awesome!

I would love to have a giant photo of that on my wall. I mean big, like 8 feet!
By purple1worm
The figures on the beach really have an eerie quality to them!! Thank you for sharing the art!!