Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By zombombie
Hi guys!

I've never customised a toy before so I thought I'd give it a go. I found a set of "mythical creatures" in my local Poundland (the UK equivalent of a dollar store). I liked the sculpted detail in these guys but the paint was lacking.

This is what I started with:

I thought I'd take it easy and just do a small bit of sculpting for practice and a repaint.

I sculpted more belt around his chest instead of it just looking like it fades into his chest. I used Milliput epoxy sculpting putty to do this.

I also sculpted a small ankle bracer around his leg as I felt this leg was a little bare!

I painted the details around his armour silver, and made the plates a brighter purple, I painted the piece around his neck purple to match. I detailed his wings a little with darkening parts, I painted the belts on his chest blue, and gave him a wash of dark brown all over so that he had a bit of shading to bring out the details

I'm really quite pleased with how it came out!

I've got another 3 figures I want to customise so if you're interested, I can post those up as I go :) Thanks so much for looking!
By GUS
try some citadel paint if it'll key, & drybrush the model, add some wash to bring out those feathers especially, it'll change the whole character of the "block white"

a wash & dry brush around the leg bracelet thingy will purge a lot of your silver overspill in that area.

If you haven't done db'ing before it's very hard to balls up so don't worry, the only thing is finding a brush tha is good enough to sacrifice, & fine tuning it. ..one of my favourites had 3-5 hairs on it :lol: ..slow work but paid off!