Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By SuperSonic
I love it! Nice job!
By staticfurball
Thanks guys ;)
Painted cakes take a bit more time than plain icing cakes. This one took me about 1 hour to paint. Cakes that are covered in fondant can last quite a bit longer than regular cakes because the fondant seals it up nice. You don't have to refrigerate them either (unless there is a fruit or cream cheese filling inside), putting it in the fridge is not so good for fondant because it lets moisture accumulate on the cake when you take it out and that makes the fondant soggy. All my favorite cakes are my painted ones, they are the most fun to do.
This cake was a chocolate fudge cake which i love, I'm a sucker for chocolate.
By GeordieKin
Just an hour! I'd have spent ages trying to do that. Brilliant work. I love chocolate cake too. Sounds delicious. Bet your nephew was over the moon with it. I would be.
By staticfurball
Well my birthday is coming up so I might make myself a werewolf cake. love werewolves! and I think pumpkin spice cake is the perfect flavor for the season!
By paddy_babe
does the vodka help with the painting or for the taste? It looks amazing! Too good to eat (well almost too good, sucker for chocolate here too! :p ) awesome job :thumbsup:
By staticfurball
paddy_babe wrote:does the vodka help with the painting or for the taste? It looks amazing! Too good to eat (well almost too good, sucker for chocolate here too! :p ) awesome job :thumbsup:
Yah , food coloring is like painting with water colors, except water would melt the fondant. Vodka evaporates fast leaving only the color behind maintaining the fondant and no alcohol so its safe for kids to eat.