Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By sloaner
Doh wrote:Not to mention I just sell local when my display gets too big or a carve is outdated. I don't ever want my hobby to become a job.
I have also sold a few to family and friends. Once I hit 30 plus foamies I was running out of room. And I always loose money when selling them.
This brings up some interesting thoughts...

The current Member Agreement here does say that the patterns are for "personal, non-commercial art/craft projects" and that "you may not sell products that make use of the pattern designs."

But this is mainly intended to stop people who want to make a business out of it. I often see people selling a whole line of products with my designs (decals, t-shirts) with no credit given to Zombie Pumpkins, whatsoever. These sort of items can even be made on-demand, so the seller can just continue to profit from my work. They are often selling competing products too, since I offer (or may soon offer) the same sort of shirts and decals.

But I realize that there are many loyal ZP members who like to sell their foam pumpkin carvings. Either to make room in their collection, or just to get the cool pumpkins into the hands of those who don't want to carve themselves. If they plug ZP as the source of the pattern, that's not a bad thing, right?

Perhaps I should revise the Member Agreement slightly. Maybe set up some guidelines for how a small quantity of certain items (like foam-kins) is okay, provided they give the proper credit to ZP? It would help spread the word, and be a win-win.
By Kayo
i grew up in an art studio (my mom was going to collage for fine arts) so i would like to think i would never profit off or take credit for someone elses artistic product/intellectual property. that said i do have people that would like to have me carve their pumpkins this year for them using my ZP subscription and im not sure how i feel about it. im willing to carve for them but i think im going to push for them to subscribe to one of the lower levels and print the patterns them selves or carve the logo into the side. i have no intent to charge other than they must supply at the vary least the pumpkin.

ryan do you have any ideas under this potential new member agreement how i could please my friends and not cheat you at the same time?
By MooBoo
zombombie wrote:I've carved pumpkins for family and friends before, and all I ask is for them to provide the pumpkin. And of course I plug ZP!
Yep thats what i do too! But sometimes they come back with the tiniest pumpkin imagineable so i have to use one of my own :(
By zombombie
MooBoo wrote:
zombombie wrote:I've carved pumpkins for family and friends before, and all I ask is for them to provide the pumpkin. And of course I plug ZP!
Yep thats what i do too! But sometimes they come back with the tiniest pumpkin imagineable so i have to use one of my own :(
Yeah, that's a real pain. Just get them told! I always say I want the biggest pumpkin they can find - though in the UK it's often fairly pitiful.
By MooBoo
Tell me about it! I would say I need a medium to large pumpkin, but medium tends to be small, so now I just say a pumpkin big enough for an A4 piece of paper! :lol:
By zombombie
MooBoo wrote:Tell me about it! I would say I need a medium to large pumpkin, but medium tends to be small, so now I just say a pumpkin big enough for an A4 piece of paper! :lol:
:lol: That's one of my biggest pet peeves in places like Asda or Tesco thoguh, is that their "medium" pumpkins are really small!

If I had a car I'd drive round farms to try and find nice big pumpkins :)