Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
I know with the Spider-Man pattern, I tried to simplify the webbing pattern on his face. Looking at several reference photos, I realized that he often had so many thin lines. So I asked myself... how can I reduce the number of webbing lines (and make them thicker) and have it still look like Spider-Man? That's the goal with most of my patterns. Simplify the details to the point that they are easily carvable, but still look like the intended character.

Another factor in carving difficulty is how organic the design is. If the design is of a natural creature with organic shapes, the carve is more forgiving. If you change the shapes slightly, it doesn't hurt the look of the characters. Meanwhile, designs with straight lines can be tougher because if those lines aren't just right, then it becomes more obvious that you didn't quite follow the lines when carving.

Also, 2D cartoon characters can be tricky. They are usually made up of thin outlines, and it's fairly easy to break those when carving.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:wookie, you knocked it out of the park! I knew you had it in ya. :) What tool(s) did you use? Do you know how long it took to carve?
Thank you very much. The only tool I used was an x-acto knife. I couldn't really say how long it took to carve, I have a 5 year old in the house so alot of distractions.
Ajax wrote: I think the Zombie pumpkins logo would be tough but have yet to try it.
I tried this on a real 'kin last year, trust me, it is tough. It is do-able however.I just had a really tough time with it as a first try. The first ZP pattern I did was Micheal Myers (the 2005 version). It's a fun carve :)

By thge way, Nice job on PinHead :)
Last edited by SuperSonic on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.