Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
The trimmed down store might solve some last minute running around, but how about a notice that orders made after 10/24 won't be filled and shipped until after Halloween. I don't know the exact details of how busy you are in the last week, but since everything is now just ZP merchandise, I think people could wait or would order early.

It just a thought if it meant you could provide better customer support to the last minute sign-ups, or better yet, make more patterns :D

It would mean adding work to your week after Halloween, though ...
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Definitely a good thought. Although, things sort of work out like this naturally. For whatever reason, shop orders slow down considerably in that last week before Halloween.

I've always assumed that people must realize there may not be enough time for shipping to get their items in time for Halloween. So they don't bother ordering during that last week.

If things are feeling too busy for me, I've been known to increase the shipping time estimate on the shop pages (saying "orders ship in 4-5 business days" can allow me about a week of leeway).

Then, after that slow week of sales in late October, the shop orders pick up again right at Halloween. No doubt a result of the increased traffic. These customers obviously know they won't have their items for this Halloween, so it's nice to let those orders flow in. Packing up those orders gives me something to do on that eerily quiet first week of November.