Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Kittie
I have been here right from the beginning!!!!
By Tkaraoke
I was curious to know how many people have been there since DAY 1. There must only be a handful of those people who are still around to my knowledge.
By matspud
Don't know about day 1. In fact can't remember when I first found ZP it was that long ago and my feeble ( woman's) mind is failing :lol:
The first digital photos I can find of ZP patterns at the moment is 2004 but I know I found it way before that. The earliest pattern I have scanned in is dated 2002 and that sounds roughly right.

:D
Last edited by matspud on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Dadja
Tkaraoke wrote:I was curious to know how many people have been there since DAY 1. There must only be a handful of those people who are still around to my knowledge.
I've been. Actually even before, from when this site was just a segment on Ryan previous site....

I actually still have the patterns for Oogie Boogie 1 & 2, Edward Scissorhands, LOTR Orc and Rob Zombie with "Pattern by Goatee Style (c) 2002" on it.

Edit:
See?
By GUS
I was having some rare browsing time (then) at work, & stumbled upon goatee stylee, I remember thinking, "weirdo" ...good move, must remember that sites name! ....visited it a few times, work got busy, ....came back & Zp was up & running, though I wasn't a member for a good few years.

Odd how you can remember moments like that!? ..however I was amazed that someone shared my love of pumpkins, ooh Ryan there was some very rough stuff back then :lol: which made me doubt the owners sanity just a touch.
By Drayco
Like Dadja, I've been around since the Goatee Style days and have the same patterns he mentioned. What I liked about GS is the cam pics Ryan use to post. The one called "Shameless" cracks me up every time. :lol:
By Kittie
I remember Goatee Style!! :) I have those old pattens too!!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Goatee Style... :lol: It's amazing that so many of you have followed my pumpkin exploits since those early days. The evil goatee celebs, the embarrassing webcam photos. Oh my.

Dadja, I know you've been here all along because I still remember your carved tribute to the goat logo and name of yesteryear. Remnants of my goat-indentity are still here... with two goat related patterns!

Funny to see one of the earliest patterns with the 2002 copyright too. Guess that proves it's been 9 years for my pumpkins.

Anyway, I thought this conversation would be good as it's own topic...

So does anyone else have a recollection of their first experience with Zombie Pumpkins? How long have you been here, and how did you originally find this site?
By nosferatu
I came across the much missed Goatee Style whilst looking for a picture of Ali G. Typed in goatee beard into the search engine and Hey Presto! The site used to make me howl.

Up until then my only pumpkin carving had been of the "traditional triangular fashion". I carved my first three for a friends party and made the invitations using Dementia (still one of my favourite designs) and have never looked back since.

The following Halloween, I carved some more and displayed them on our porch. We had lots of people knock on our door just to comment on how brilliant they looked. One woman who was walking her dog went home and got her husband. They were so impressed that the year after that, they had their own display.

It's been the same ever since, everyone and I mean EVERYONE, who knocks on our door on Halloween always comments on the pumpkin designs.

So, basically,its all Sascha Baron Cohen's fault.
By stormqueen29
I found ZP during Revenge.

My first experience was before that, I just didn't know it at the time. When POTC first came out I searched everywhere for Pirate themed patterns. I found Ryan's Jolly Roger on someone's personal page, loved it and shamelessly stole it. It won a prize for me that year.

Fast forward to about June of the following year, I saw Ryan's Jolly Roger again, this time with a link to where it came from, and the rest is history!

Now I am a proud Monster all Access member every year, and this time of year wouldn't be the same without Ryan and the ZP's.

Gale
By blueikaos
I ventured over during Night of.

:shock: Wow that seems like a long time ago.
By staticfurball
I first found ZP at Curse of the ZP. My son was turning 1 and it was his first halloween so I was looking fore some awesome patterns to kick of our first Family Halloween. Now i have 2 little minions and they love helping me pick out the patterns for kids every year. This is my 1st year in the forum though.
By MooBoo
I found this site during Night, i had always done triangle carved pumpkins and started looking for something different. I was in total awe of all the patterns. Puking pumpkin was the first one i attempted and then proceeded to carve a further 16 more for that Halloween. :D