Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By nosferatu
That's a brilliant idea EZ. Something on the avatar. People will see it everytime they read a post.
By sodajazz
I like the idea of a pin maybe Horton :D and it would be exclusive kinda like the blue peter badge.... and you may get one say if you were sporting a zombie mascot tat ...*cough cough* .... :D

For those who don't know about Blue Peter. It is a long running kids tv show in the uk here's alinky to their badge awards
By Chewy
I really like the car decal idea already kicked around here.

One other thing i'd suggest expanding online is who the "minions" are & for what act or acts their coveted designation was earned. If you do that, then you'd also be able to do something like giving them their own forum designation or something like that...

Im thinking the types that do the sort of stuff are also likely to value the recognition here in this community (vs the rest of the workd outside)

my cent and a half's worth at least.
By GUS
nos could have one that says simply '' moany ole get''
By CorpseBride
I love the avatar badge idea!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hey cool, this brainstorming session is really going somewhere. Thanks for providing your 2 cents (or perhaps, 2 pence for some of you?)

First, I consider just about member of the forum and pattern website to be a minion. If you support what I do, you're a fiendishly good human being, in my book. But some folk have gone a bit above and beyond, thus receiving a more "official" Patch Minion status (and yes, getting one of the ZP mascots tattooed into your flesh most certainly qualifies!).

Some of these members have received official recognition and even a prize or two. These perks have mostly been awarded behind-the-scenes, so the recipient could be surprised. :)

I still think the physical "prizes" will retain some sense of mystery. But maybe I should be more transparent with the fact that, yes, there is a goal worth aiming for (besides just showing your love of ZP). My only concern about publicly labeling someone as one of the Patch Minion elite is - I don't want to disappoint those who try for the title but don't get singled out.

For example, maybe someone plugs ZP on the radio, and they are rewarded with a badge (real, digital, or both) and maybe some special ZP swag in the mail. But then someone else says, "Hey, wait a minute... I hung up a flier for ZP at my school, what about me!?"

I appreciate every member, even the one-time $2 member. So it's tough to feel like I'm playing favorites.

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud here. In any case, I have bigger plans for the Minion area of the site this year. Like more objectives to accomplish, as well as stories and photos of your unique achievements performed in the name of Zombie Pumpkins. Sort of like a street team or fan club... or maybe... cult. :twisted:
By pagemaster1993
I do hope that this year's Minion part of the Main Site is more then just a video. Dawn's Minion part really helped me get organized for spreading the word.
By monstermash
You make a lot of good points Ryan. Maybe you should keep it more behind the scenes. I think it would be nice to be surprised.
By paddy_babe
I agree, behind the scenes will stop people being disappointed but there should be suggestions/ levels of minion work (if that makes sense) so us minions will know if we are helping etc... the only idea I've seen on the page is the tattoo one, and I might actually go for it lol! :)=
By CorpseBride
I think more behind the scenes is a great idea. It is more exciting that way too! Maybe there could be minion levels or something, similar to the titles that go with post count.

Hanging a flyer - Bad Seed
Media coverage - Rotten Pumpkin
Tattoo - Zombie Pumpkin!

...something like that maybe? Of course more well defined :D
By GUS
Some of us don't wish to flay our flesh! :o

...mines pretty heavily scarred from knives & panning folk, bits bitten off etc i'd like to keep some intact :lol:

..I have some lovely facial scars made to look like crows feet! :lol:
wide brimmed hats to keep the sun off my face ... try to avoid all that blistering, ((i'm melting)), & michael jackson style towel coverings every time theres sunlight.

(possibly explains my love of winter sports) :wink:
By paddy_babe
CorpseBride wrote: Hanging a flyer - Bad Seed
Media coverage - Rotten Pumpkin
Tattoo - Zombie Pumpkin!
Don't forget having ZP in your display, wearing t-shirts out and about (forget planking, we want ZPing! :lol: )
ermm advertising on your social pages, links on websites etc :)=
By mesmark
I'd say something small and done behind the scenes is a good idea. It's a lot of work for Ryan to keep up and sometimes you get busy and can't do it. Maybe he can do something here and there for anyone he feels he'd like to show some appreciation for. If he feels that he has to do it (on some scale) then it's not really special, just earned.

But, just about anything with a special ZP design or illustration would be cool. A t-shirt, hat, decal, carving kit, or coffee mug seems enough to me.