Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By mesmark
GUS wrote:...re your work pc i.t. dilemma...

"did you try turning it off & on"?
...(I love the IT crowd)
You know, though, GUS, 9 times out of 10 that works. :D

The help desk can often get quite a few emails that would seem like common sense.

Real conversations follow:

People: I can't get xyz to print.
Help desk: what kind of printer, paper size, and internet browser are you using?
People: I don't have a printer.

People: XYZ is not printing correctly.
Help desk: You need to decrease you margins. Go to ... and do ... Then it should print fine for you.
People: I don't think that's it.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
@matspud - Glad you got the avatar uploader to work, I believe you are the first to try it so thanks for being the guinea pig. Your Mrs. Lovett image looks nice, I've always been fond of that design.

There are default avatars available featuring all the ZP patterns, but as has been mentioned, sometimes two people pick the same one. And if you want to show a favorite ZP pattern but still have a unique avatar, a picture of one of your own carvings is a great way to go.

All this talk about avatar swapping has inspired me to change mine (after I just said I try to rarely change it). Went back to the zombie makeup job, which shows my real face a bit better. And looks a little more... friendly? In a "welcome to the site, I want your brains" sort of way.
mesmark wrote:Real conversations follow:

People: I can't get xyz to print.
Help desk: what kind of printer, paper size, and internet browser are you using?
People: I don't have a printer.
Heh, I don't want to publicly poke fun at any of my kind paid members, but you should see some of the emails I get in the fall. Since my product is a printable, I've had to help people with more printer and browser issues that I care to remember. The majority of the questions are totally reasonable, but...

After reading some email help inquiries, I can't help but slap my palm to my forehead... or occasionally slam my head into the desk. But I always reply quickly, courteously, and with a smile. "Rotting Regards, - Ryan" :D
By sodajazz
zombiepumpkins wrote: I can't help but slap my palm to my forehead... or occasionally slam my head into the desk. But I always reply quickly, courteously, and with a smile. "Rotting Regards, - Ryan" :D
And thats what keeps us all coming back year after year.... on the plus side we must give you loads of after dinner anecdotes :lol:
By GUS
Ryan must mean me then, (racked with sobs am I) :lol:
By matspud
Nah Gus, he means me......... when I think of some of the questions I have asked over the years :oops: :oops:
By GUS
Must be a scot thing

(herein known as a "Mcthing")
By GUS
Actually very proud of my "leprechaun luck" stencil when printing, i'd just attempted to hook up a pc network to the laser printer, simple but not for me, ..it worked 1st time (in mere minutes not hours either)
whereas the wife had been trying for a good 5 hours on & off.
learn through trying ...like lots of stuff!

1st item out being a ZP stencil, she knew who'd been succesful :o
By purple1worm
Actually since i'm not so pc savy, i've probably had some dumb questions too!! lol
By badgers
I changed my avatar to more closely match my username :) .
I had a little trouble trying to upload it yesterday....had to do some resizing.....when I got the size right it took 3 tries to get it to finally upload but it seems ok now.
By Ajax
They should leave that movie the way it was it is friggen awesome all the 3d and blue people. No reason to change it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
:lol: Ajax, I see this comment inspired you to also post something in the Pattern Suggestion area. Hehe.
By purple1worm
badgers wrote:I changed my avatar to more closely match my username :) .
I had a little trouble trying to upload it yesterday....had to do some resizing.....when I got the size right it took 3 tries to get it to finally upload but it seems ok now.
Cool pic (avatar). Looks like a nasty little fellow though!! lol!
By purple1worm
Took some time but finally changed mine too!! Same pattern but this one is one of my carves from 2007!! I had too picnik it and reduce but it turned out pretty good!! for now.