Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Dadja
Just a thought. I often check sites with my cell phone when I don't have a pc available . Like for mail, news paper, facebook, and ZP.

I can get the whole site loaded to show people pictures and patterns when it comes up. Only problem is that because of the title, the buttons, etc it isn't that fast to load, plus, you first have to scroll down all the buttons to get to the actual content of the page.

Perhaps an idea for next year could be a version of the site for cell phones, with less graphics, and even less content. Just checking the news page, and the patterns would be great...

you could do like "zombiepumpkins.com/mobile" or something?

What do you think, Ryan?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Great suggestion, I've been considering it. It would take a bit of work, but probably worth it, as cell phones (and other smaller browsing devices) become more common. I'll see what I can do for the future.

If anyone else has opinions on this, I welcome it. Do many of you browse the web from a phone or similar device? If so, what do you use?

I have an iPhone which is pretty quick and capable for web browsing. But even so, I can see the use in some stripped down versions of some pages like "News" and "Patterns" for quick browsing while on the go.
By gregh3196
I browse on my phone all the time and even check out ZP once in a while but it just takes so long to load so i would love to see that happen, of course then i would really have no life.
By SuperSonic
I totally agree with this
By KILLER KLOWN
I too browse from my phone all of the time! I bought the iphone so I could view the internet just like my puter.

I could see a use for ZP Mobile though. :D
By Drayco
In a effort to increase productivity the company I work for now limits internet access to work related or approved websites. So I've have to rely on my iPhone to surf the net on my lunch break. From what a few other people have told me their companies are adopting the same policy. So I really like Dadja idea.
By SaneInsideInsanity
... my phone is too old to browse....had a razor broke earlier this year now mine is about 5 years old that i replaced it with...contract is up in a year yay! So no at this moment i would not use this feature....though if i did browse im sure i would want it
By punchi
I have an iPod Touch, and just the other day i was checking to see if there was a new pattern and did have the "where's the app for that" thought. I was going to suggest it too!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Besides a stripped down "mobile" version of the site, phone apps might be another thing I'll consider for the future. Something to let you get the latest updates, and pattern previews, perhaps.
By The Vlad Hatter
I have recently gotten a Palm Pre. The one thing I can tell you is most mobile versions of sites are pretty bad. A lot of times it is just one section over top of the other. I only view ones that seem to fit the format.

I don't know much about how to make a mobile version of a site, but I think a trimmed down version would work better. Maybe just patterns, forums and merchandise or something like that.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I'm a designer and perfectionist, so I'd want my mobile site to look attractive. Not just lines of text piled on top of each other. Of course, the layout and content would all need to be simplified. That's the point of a mobile site, so make it quick to load over a phone network, and fit onto a small screen. So you wouldn't be getting the full experience, of course. But hopefully one that looks nice and is functional.
By Raven
I don't browse with my phone but I do have a Nokia Internet Tablet. A "lite" version of the site would be great for that. I try to stay internet free when away from the house, I spend enough time on here as it is. It would be handy though when picking out pumpkins to bring up the pattern for size, or to show others who are picking out pumpkins just where to get their patterns. :)