Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Kittie
I think to help keep this site going threw the off months, maybe just the addition of a general talk board?

I know we have general discussion that is halloween themed, but what about just a general talk one? To talk about anything. Good jokes, news you found interesting, movies you are liking, games you are playing. Just something to keep people talking? I feel bad posting my off topic (there you go! Call it Off Topic) threads in the Personal Updates, because they aren't all just personal updates. .
By JMP919
I think that is a great idea. I love hearing people's opinions about the movies they saw, tv shows they are watching, etc.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I've considered this, but there are so many websites out there... most built around a specific topic. So it's always made sense to me to stay with a theme. If you wanted to talk about cars, you'd go to a car forum. If you wanted to talk about Halloween, you'd come to the ZP forum.

From a business point of view, I like to keep ZP focused, so that people can come to the site (even the forum) and know exactly what to expect. A resource for pumpkin carving and all that surrounds the holiday.

But I understand and appreciate the sense of community that is created when regular forum members get to know each other. I'm so glad you guys stick around in the "off season," even when there aren't many Halloween things to talk about.

But the themes of this site can reach beyond just Halloween. Movies, TV, music, holidays, decorating, artwork, crafts, photography, stenciling, costumes, parties, gardening, recipes... they all relate, in a way. Just about anything creative can be made to fit.

When I set up the "General Spooky Discussion" section, that was my attempt to provide an area of looser guidelines, where you could stretch the limits of what is "spooky." Especially during the off-season, when it's a bit more acceptable to go a bit "off topic."

Feel free to discuss just about anything there, but think of it as a fun challenge to somehow make it relate to the Halloween vibe. For example...

If you want to talk about a romantic comedy you saw, compare it to the romance of Shaun of the Dead. If you want to talk about a traffic ticket you had to fight, you can call the court a bunch of "bloodsucking vampires." And if you want to discuss the game of horseshoes, well... at least call it "Horrifying Horseshoes!" :wink:
By Kittie
Maybe you could do a members only fourm for the people who pay for the site, and have an general talk forum just for them? Something a bit special? :)
By GUS
Personally I reckon that'd simply dwindle off season chat, (not to mention annoying at flicking between areas & having others miss conversation).