Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By mesmark
Ryan - have you ever considered putting ads on the site. Google Ads or others. It might make ZP a little more money and keep you in the trenches supplying us pattern junkies with the juice :lol: . :cough: gargoyles :cough:

depending on the traffic that this site does (I don't know.) It could be the capital to push Zombies from the web to the stores. (We could all say we were fans from the start :D )

I don't mind ads on a site (as long as they aren't boobie traps mixed into the content.) I actually find them helpful since they let me know what else is out there. What do others think about ads on ZP?
By GUS
A few banners would be fine by me, lests face it. they;re everywhere else & don't seem to slow pc#s as much as a few years ago, it's the ones that don't go away I hate (the ones that block script etc)
By GUS
how about spirit stores / wal-mart (at halloween) etc?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I'm not a huge fan of in-your-face ads on websites, I don't think I'd opt for banners, and certainly NEVER those kinds that cover up the actual site content. I think the kind of ads mesmark is suggesting are the fairly non-intrusive text ads that you often see in the margins of sites. What do ya folks think of those?
By Pumpkin Hunter
Anything that helped the site and Ryan is fine by me. It could be another step towards total world domination for the Zombie Pumpkins. If it makes the site more money go for it!
By mesmark
Yeah, I was thinking text ads along the sides of the site or in the forums between the header and posts or across the bottom in the overall footer.

Anyway, it is just a suggestion. I'm sure during Halloween there are a lot of visitors that stop by and don't join either the site or the forums. If ZP could profit from those visitors, why not?

Also, I'm sure membership sign-ups lag November to September. Ads would help support the site during that time.
By mesmark
I should say that there's no reason for me to believe the site needs more income. I've just had some success with ads on my sites and that has freed up more time and really motivated me to do more and more with my websites. So, since Ryan is passionate about this place, I'm sure more revenue from the site would mean more for the visitors. It's totally a selfish request on my part :D
By matspud
I don't mind text ads. I do hate the ones that randomly open up and obscure everything on the page . :x
By Meya
Fine with me. I'm so numb to all that stuff I don't think I'd notice.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oooooh yeah, gargoyles. :wink: There are some concepts that linger on the to-do list seemingly forever. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 years to see the light of day, but frequently suggested ideas really lodge in my brain and eventually do happen!
By Dredge
I think it sounds great. I just don't like those ads with the smileys that say HEEEEELOOOOO or OH MY GAWD when you move your mouse over them. Pretty much any ad with sound is annoying.
By The Vlad Hatter
From personal experience I can tell you the big one time money is with text ads. You can easily get 500-1000 dollars for a years subscription. And you can hide them on a liks page.

The big problem is finding the people who want to buy links on a site like this. This is a specialized type site, I'm not sure of the market for that.