Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Just a little heads up... images wider than 500 pixels stretch out the layout of this forum and can make it hard to read other posts on the page (especially if it forces the browser to have to scroll sideways).

So I've put some code in place that limits the image display area to 500 pixels. That means wide pictures might appear cropped and missing some of the right side of the image.

BUT... fear not, you can still see the full image if you choose to. Clicking any photo will reveal its full width (if there's more to see).

So hopefully that's a good solution for all. The best of both worlds. For general browsing of the forum, things will look neat and tidy. But large images can still be expanded if the user wishes to do so.

Try it out by clicking on this too-wide image of ZP HQ...

Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By jen d.
Great feature, Ryan. Will save me having to look for the source image so I can see the whole thing. Thanks!

Sidenote, I spot a Skellington...
By Zombie Pumpkins!
:) There are two Skellingtons in that photo, (and several more in other areas of the office too).
By The Captain
Wow Ryan how neat and tidy ZP HQ is. Is that at your home or do you have an actual free standing HQ? Just curious about the business end of running a website, I'm not a stalker. We'll not that kind of stalker anyway :wink:
By Tkaraoke
That's really cool! I was wondering why some of my older pictures were missing part of the pic.
By Joey
Oh neat! I try and keep em tiny anyway, but still a cool feature, since I won't have to worry as much if it's slightly too big.

I can only find one Skellington, I'll have to keep looking!
By Tkaraoke
I don't mind the forum stretching out a little but sometimes people post those gigantic images that really do a number that kind of annoys me. I'll have to remember to keep all of my images down for this year.
By jen d.
Joey wrote:I can only find one Skellington, I'll have to keep looking!
Oh good, I thought I was the only one who didn't see it. :(
Perhaps its on another one of those mugs?
By Tkaraoke
Ok, I just have to ask...

What do you use that banner over your work bench for? I'm just curious if you made it just for yourself or another reason.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
buhdewsy wrote:Is that at your home or do you have an actual free standing HQ? Just curious about the business end of running a website, I'm not a stalker. We'll not that kind of stalker anyway :wink:
That's my home office. Being a web based project, I guess there's no need for a free standing ZP location. But who knows... maybe someday you'll be driving down the street and next to your local McDonalds you'll find that a vine covered building that has suddenly sprouted up, with big orange "ZP" letters on top. Your neighborhood shocking shop for all your Halloween needs. Ah... a Patch Master can dream. :wink:
Joey wrote:I can only find one Skellington, I'll have to keep looking!
It's like a Where's Waldo game but instead... Where's Jack? Jen, you were right, he's on the blue mug.
Tkaraoke wrote:I'll have to remember to keep all of my images down for this year.
You could, but if you forget, it's all good. We got everyone covered now hopefully, with this new image expander trick.
Tkaraoke wrote:What do you use that banner over your work bench for? I'm just curious if you made it just for yourself or another reason.
At the moment, I just think it looks cool hanging up in my office. 8) But I'm thinking... for carving demonstrations at fairs, schools, museums, etc... as a backdrop for any future press photos... to mark my booth at any horror/Halloween conventions I hope to attend... basically anywhere I might make an appearance to show off pumpkin carving and want to let the people know "Zombie Pumpkins is here!" :lol:
By Kittie
Love the Banner!! Great Idea!
By GUS
I guess you'll be making up some multi-purpose storage cum lightboxes for demo-ing some of the stencils on foamy-kins then ryan? ..so you can hit the season running?

I too am strangely aroused by the banner! :shock:
By Tkaraoke
zombiepumpkins wrote:But I'm thinking... for carving demonstrations at fairs, schools, museums, etc... as a backdrop for any future press photos... to mark my booth at any horror/Halloween conventions I hope to attend... basically anywhere I might make an appearance to show off pumpkin carving and want to let the people know "Zombie Pumpkins is here!" :lol:
I was going to make that very suggestion but I figured you were three steps ahead of me on that one. We have a banner for our karaoke company that we use on occasion at public functions. Never hurts to have your name out there!