Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
I'm having a pumpkin carving party in a couple weeks, and I want to give all the participants an award ribbon at the end of the night. The ribbons will each be labeled with a unique title, letting everyone know in what way the carver excelled (or did not excel).

Not everyone is a carving fanatic, and I'm sure some of the self-proclaimed "non-artists" may have a tricky initiation into our world. So some of these awards will will be serious, while others are meant to playfully poke fun.

Can you think of some award categories? Thanks!
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By FatFarley
If it's anything like my pumpkin carving parties, you might add most pumpkins carved. Some carve more than one. Just a thought.
By belli
zombiepumpkins wrote:...So some of these awards will will be serious, while others are meant to playfully poke fun...
Here are some ideas:

OCPD – Obsessively Carved Pumpkin Disorder
For the perfectionist.

Quickie Carver - depending on the crowd you can have some fun with this one.

Newbie Prize

Pumpkin Picasso

Sliced and Diced

The Razzie Award

Cecil Turtle Award - from Bugs Bunny
This could be given to the slowest carver or since Cecil had help from other turtles to win the race, it could be given to a carver who had help from several other people in order to get his/her pumpkin finished. It could also be given to the most resourceful carver.
By badgers
Didn't Cecil have a turbo powered shell of some sort? I seem to remember the back parts of his shell opening up turbo boosters shooting out flames as he ran past Bugs. :D
By belli
badgers wrote:Didn't Cecil have a turbo powered shell of some sort? I seem to remember the back parts of his shell opening up turbo boosters shooting out flames as he ran past Bugs. :D
They had 3 races: first race involved Cecil's cousins, their second race was Bugs dressed as a turtle and Cecil dressed as a rabbit and Cecil wins thanks to the Bunny Mob who thought Cecil was Bugs, their 3rd race was where Cecil had the rocket powered shell.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
It took me a year to get this idea into practice, but you can now print out your own prize ribbons. At your next carving competition, print, cut out, and stick these to your guests' finished pumpkins. 16 different award ribbons on one sheet, ranging from "Most Gutsy" to "Hack Job."

:arrow: Disgusting Downloads
By Sind3315
Hey, if you go out with your kids you could print a couple of the "nicer" ones to take with you and give to the carvers of the houses you visit. Just a thought if you don't have a carving party... Cute idea! I love it!
By nosferatu
Like these.... alot. Thinking of awarding them all to myself and have them lined across my chest like a Russian general.

Alternatively,I think you could market these to "ladies of the night" who could give them to their clientele on Halloween, again based on performance:

In particular,

First Timer, Cutest, Scariest, Keeping it Simple and the rather appropriate, Slow Poke

Hopefully they wouldn't hand out to many "Small Pumpkin" or "Speed Demon" ones :?
By SaneInsideInsanity
love the ribbons love ...now if only they made fabric to go through the printer....iron on ribbons it is
By Euri
These ribbons will come in very handy. Got them printing now. :D I really like the idea of handing them out to houses we go treating to.
So here's an idea for the hurried (or those of us that aren't as skilled artistically). It would be fun to have printable ZP carving party invitations so all we would have to do is fill in the vitals. Not like you don't already have enough ideas and plenty to do. :roll:
By CorpseBride
Those are fantastic! I am most definately going to use those!
By Batgirl
Ryan, these are so fantastic!! Thank you for sharing these with those of us hosting a carving party. You're not just the Patch Master, you sir are a Halloween Hero.
By SaneInsideInsanity
3 cheers for Ryan
hip hip hooray hip hip hooray
hip hip horray...
:d these are aweesome I printed them onto iron on cuts tthem out and used halloween fabric as a backround :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ooh, very nice idea. Your award ribbons must look really fancy, with the fabric and all. Awesome.