Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
Because I would swear they released your original Jolly Roger pattern in their book this year. It's a special POC release, and the patterns included a ship, Davy Jones, a pirate skull, your Jolly Roger, and maybe one or two others.

And they did not say it was a contest entry or contest winner or mention your name or anything like they usually do.

I suppose it might have been a LITTLE different. I didn't buy the book because the patterns were all so lame, except for yours of course, but I am almost positive that Jolly Roger is the one you have here.

Not that you can do a darn thing about it if it is, but I just wanted to mention it.

I'm going to go back to the store where I saw that book and I may buy it to prove if it is or not, but considering I've carved that pattern for the last three years in a row, I'm pretty sure I recognise it. It's not my avatar for nothing.

I suppose if you did submit it to a contest they held way back when; they have the right to use it, but if you didn't I'd love to know where they suddenly got the idea for a pattern so much like yours.

Anyhow, I just wanted to mention it. And if I am very much mistaken {I don't think I am but maybe} I apologise to whomever.

Gale
By Zombie Pumpkins!
PM has a special Pirates book? I haven't seen it. My Jolly Roger pattern is based on the original Pirates of the Caribbean poster, so I can understand why it might look similar. Not much I can do about that.

But if they used my stencil, line for line, I'd wonder why they couldn't redraw their own version. If anyone gets their hands on a pic, please share so we can compare.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By sodajazz
I've got that pm pattern its similar but not as cool looking as the Zombie stencil
*removed link* :wink:
Last edited by sodajazz on Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By matspud
Are you sure the book is a PM one not the Pirtates one that PMG released last year designs by the Pumkin Lady

There is a PM pattern and a HA pattern but they are in books with non POC patterns.

If PM do have one I would be keen to get my hands on it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh, is that the one? Interesting.

Similar, but not mine. Their version is a little... rougher. And with some extra details. I try to stylize my designs and smooth my lines to make them a bit easier for the average carver.
By sodajazz
Think it is a pumpkin lady one ..offfical disney though ... its the only one I have seen.

See Ryan's version is better :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks sodajazz. 8) They got some nice detail in the sword handle. But probably not necessary. They're also missing the tattered bandanna down the back.
By Dadja
zombiepumpkins wrote:Image
I must say I like the ZP one better. You say more detail, but I mostly see things lacking: the headband isn't as 'prominent' as with the ZP-one, although I can understand why the wouldn't make that a "carve away" area. The hair is missing, which I think to be the 'scariest' piece of the sull (no flesh, but with hair :lol:) and the swords aren't really more detailled, just ... different approach I guess.

I just don't get why they'd do the skull of the first movie, when the third one is almost out of the cinemas... They should have done that one, with the crossbones and double goatee...
By Tkaraoke
You know what's weird...

Last year I saw that Disney pattern book for Pirates and on the back I could have sworn it had The Pumpkin Lady's credit on it. This year, I looked at the same pattern book (I'm 99.9% positive it is the same) the other day and her name was not there. It wasn't on the Winnie The Pooh stencil pack either and it kind of threw me back.