Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By BrookR1
I'm just sort of curious about ZP's site demographics and which patterns have been the all-time most downloaded. Perhaps a top 5?

What made me curious was me following my own FB page demographics. Out of the total 54 likes on my pages (it's my first year, I'm working on it!), only about 10 are men. That means the vast majority are women. Over the past few weeks, I've tried to include more feminine and kid-friendly patterns. Have to carve to your visitors, right?

I'm just wondering if this site is similar. If so, Ryan, could you provide some insight into why? Is Halloween really geared towards women? Purchasing costumes and decorations and going to craft stores... Is it really a woman's holiday?

But when I see haunters build their scary displays, it seems to be about 50/50.

Thanks for any insights you may have.
Last edited by BrookR1 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSonic liked this
Interesting questions. Well I think it depends on what aspect of Halloween you're talking about. Going to haunted attractions and watching gory horror movies... maybe more guys. Having the patience for certain Halloween craft projects... perhaps the ladies. There's something for everyone during this season.

I don't have easy access to stats for my all-time most printed patterns at the moment. Because my designs tend to lean toward the scary monsters of Halloween, I sometimes think I will draw more of a male audience (I'm often told I don't have enough patterns of female characters). But sometimes I'm surprised and a pattern like Pretty Poison (which is more "girly") can become a standout download during the year it was released.

It varies, depending on whatever is hot that year. Last year the most popular pattern was Pennywise, an evil child-killing clown. A few years before that, the top pattern was Olaf, a cute snowman.

I don't keep gender statistics in my membership database. But I have kept track of the general trends for the physical merchandise I sell in the Shocking Shop for marketing purposes. And even there it's almost equal. If anything, the carving tools and Stick 'n Carve favor female buyers, but it's close. Maybe 55% woman / 45% men. Maybe the gals are slightly more crafty.
SuperSonic, BrookR1 liked this
By shaft28
One would hope it’s not just women disturbed by a Cosby carving pattern. Dude is likely one of the most prolific rapists of our time.

I’m all for dark/sick humor but putting that out for trick or treaters would garner some strong reactions.