Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By SuperSonic
I dunno if it's just me. But has anyone attempted to print Undead Ted lately? I find it odd he printed on one full pages and seems very squished on said page. When I carve Ted, I always carve him on three separate kins'. Anyone else with this issue?
SuperSonic wrote:I dunno if it's just me. But has anyone attempted to print Undead Ted lately? I find it odd he printed on one full pages and seems very squished on said page. When I carve Ted, I always carve him on three separate kins'. Anyone else with this issue?

Not Undead Ted, but today I printed both Rick Grimes and Bicycle girl. They used to have Rick print on one page, and his gun on a second page. Bicycle girl used to be on one and her hand on a second page. Today each one was completely contained on a single page. I'd say each pattern is approximately 75% of its original size.

For me, this turned out perfect as I normally reduce each pattern to fit on one pumpkin.
That's right, the current printing system doesn't allow for multi-page patterns. So the previous 2-pages have been scaled down slightly to fit the entire design on one page.

For some (like Undead Ted) it might make sense to offer the extra parts (in this case, his hands) as an entirely different pattern. So users could print just the head, or print the head and hands. Of course, choosing to print the hands would use one of your allowed pattern prints, which might be frustrating if you're on the Bare Bones plans which only allows for two patterns total. To do the full Undead Ted set would hit your limit.

What does everyone think? Should I offer wide patterns (like Rick Grimes with his gun) as two separate patterns, giving the user the choice of printing the "accessories" or not?

Another example is the Thor design, which is already set up with 2 unique patterns. You have to use another pattern print to get his hammer. Splitting these two into individual patterns was a slightly easier choice, since Mjölnir is a large weapon and actually has it's own name.
By S.A.M
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:That's right, the current printing system doesn't allow for multi-page patterns. So the previous 2-pages have been scaled down slightly to fit the entire design on one page.

For some (like Undead Ted) it might make sense to offer the extra parts (in this case, his hands) as an entirely different pattern. So users could print just the head, or print the head and hands. Of course, choosing to print the hands would use one of your allowed pattern prints, which might be frustrating if you're on the Bare Bones plans which only allows for two patterns total. To do the full Undead Ted set would hit your limit.

What does everyone think? Should I offer wide patterns (like Rick Grimes with his gun) as two separate patterns, giving the user the choice of printing the "accessories" or not?

Another example is the Thor design, which is already set up with 2 unique patterns. You have to use another pattern print to get his hammer. Splitting these two into individual patterns was a slightly easier choice, since Mjölnir is a large weapon and actually has it's own name.
I think it would be best to have the extras as different pages. Honestly for those who can end up small pumpkins I think it's much easier to have the extra parts as separate pages, that way we can scale the parts we need not the whole pattern, say if we don't want to use the hands or want to do them on a different pumpkins? I understand about not wanting to eat into pattern allowances on the limited accounts.

Hmm can you do some work behind the scenes where the extras would appear to your system (not the public) as freakish freebies? They could be paired with the pattern and only viewable there? I know that might allow for people to print a hammer/hand/gun freely but are they really much use without the main pattern, well zombie hands and Thors hammer can be..Oh IDK, it could be a temporary compromise until something better is worked out :D Just throwing an idea out there :thumbsup:
S.A.M wrote:Hmm can you do some work behind the scenes where the extras would appear to your system (not the public) as freakish freebies? They could be paired with the pattern and only viewable there?
Oh, that is a very interesting idea. Definitely worth considering further. Thanks!

Depending on how much additional programming work it would require on the backend, it may or may not be worth it for the 5 or so patterns that would need the option. But then again... if the availability of free "accessories" for patterns you already printed WAS an option, I just might design more patterns like that in the future.
I think S.A.M's idea is great. You get to keep the patterns the size they were intended to be, you'll get the weapons/hands, and you won't have to use them up as one of your patterns. :thumbsup:
I do like this idea. Undead Ted on one pumpkin is odd. If there were a way to give the two patterns seperately, without costing any user a print. I'm behind it 100%.

However. It does make sense to do it either of the two ways.