Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
The new site looks fantastic! Sooooo definitely worth waiting for! I love all the mobile compatibility, too. Everything looks great. Nice job!
Awesome!! I love the new look and exploring the new layout will feel like a treasure hunt. I've long been a fan of Michael J. Fox so I love that his charity is spotlighted this year. :D SO GLAD that I had all of the coloring pages, etc. printed out and saved while they were still there.

Nice work, Ryan! Can't wait for what else you have in store for us.
Alrighty! I've been getting an detailed look at the site and I'm loving it even more! Super impressed with both the desktop and mobile lay out! Everything looks fantastic Ryan! Bring on more killer patterns! :thumbsup:
I'm sorry, I have been biting my tongue this whole time, and I just can't not say it.

I submitted a photo to the contest LAST YEAR! I gave up on contest winners ever being picked a long time ago, but I still had hope my pictures from 2014 would be featured on the site eventually. I thought when the relaunch FINALLY came, maybe, MAYBE it would be there, but now there are no galleries AT ALL?? That's what I enjoy the most, looking at everyone's accomplishments! If it was just that my photo didn't get chosen, I would be disappointed, but I'd understand, because everyone is so talented and I'm a rank amateur. But not to show the work of anyone at all?

And yes, I saw Ryan's post that that stuff will be back-but sorry, after a contest that was never decided and a promised relaunch that barely made it online before Halloween I just have ZERO faith in that. I'll still subscribe and use the fantastic patterns that can make anyone creative, even an artistic dunce like me that can't even draw stick figures, and I DO appreciate Ryan's hard work. But I just can't hold in my disappointment anymore.
First of all, I don't think this is the proper thread to voice your displeasure on... If your photo wasn't chosen as a winner then you're not really entitled to a notification saying so, and as with most all other contests the winners are the only ones notified. Now, I'm one who will most definitely give anyone the benefit of the doubt with timing, so I always understand that Ryan is beyond busy with the site ALL year long. Not just the fall season. Redesigning things, creating new patterns, and filling orders for online store purchases. He does it all on his own, and God knows that's gotta be taxing on one individual. He doesn't have to do any of it at all, but he does. Also, he announced recently that some undisclosed personal matters arose in his life that had to be addressed, and caused a delay in site relaunch. A bit disappointing for us, sure, but none of the rest of us complained. We were all very understanding. Family comes first, period. And, to show such assumption that Ryan wouldn't fulfill contest rewards comes off as a bit ostentatious. He even sent me a personal email to assure me that he has NOT forgotten a few things that have been mentioned here in the past that pertain primarily to me specifically. So, I have full faith in him, and will defend him now and in the future. The site is fresh, and still "under construction"... Rest assured it will have all of the awesomeness it previously had... Patience is a virtue.
chuckwagon wrote:First of all, I don't think this is the proper thread to voice your displeasure on... If your photo wasn't chosen as a winner then you're not really entitled to a notification saying so, and as with most all other contests the winners are the only ones notified. Now, I'm one who will most definitely give anyone the benefit of the doubt with timing, so I always understand that Ryan is beyond busy with the site ALL year long. Not just the fall season. Redesigning things, creating new patterns, and filling orders for online store purchases. He does it all on his own, and God knows that's gotta be taxing on one individual. He doesn't have to do any of it at all, but he does. Also, he announced recently that some undisclosed personal matters arose in his life that had to be addressed, and caused a delay in site relaunch. A bit disappointing for us, sure, but none of the rest of us complained. We were all very understanding. Family comes first, period. And, to show such assumption that Ryan wouldn't fulfill contest rewards comes off as a bit ostentatious. He even sent me a personal email to assure me that he has NOT forgotten a few things that have been mentioned here in the past that pertain primarily to me specifically. So, I have full faith in him, and will defend him now and in the future. The site is fresh, and still "under construction"... Rest assured it will have all of the awesomeness it previously had... Patience is a virtue.
Well said Chuckwagon. I'm not sure I even realized there were awards given out for that, I just come for the patterns and the forum.
I think the galleries still exist there just on a hiatus until after halloween. I could be wrong though. I am happy with the focus being on patterns from now until after halloween. you can always show off your work in the carving photos and stories forum.
Awww......shucks patchmaster!!! You've made me a very happy happy minion!! Thank you so much for all that you do to keep us all happy!! It's a daunting task!!! :D :shock: :lol:
First of all, I don't think this is the proper thread to voice your displeasure on...
The relaunch thread isn't the place to discuss the relaunch? Okaaaaaayyy....
If your photo wasn't chosen as a winner then you're not really entitled to a notification saying so
I wasn't asking for a personal notification. I had assumed the winners would be featured on the site...y'know....because they are winners?

And, I see. Per you, this is not actually a feedback thread. It's a worship at the altar of Ryan with the other cultists thread. Honest negative feedback isn't welcome. Personally, I think I have more faith in Ryan than you do, that he can take some criticism without taking it personally. Apparently, you lack that maturity.
Patience is a virtue.[\quote]

I think waiting a year and not uttering a word of complaint is being pretty damned patient, but thanks for the snotty lecture. Bye now.
COLORS:
S.A.M wrote:I love it, the colours and design are so nice!
You think? I wasn't entirely sure about the color scheme, which maybe steps outside my usual palette of playful Halloween colors. But I was taking inspiration from vintage Halloween decorations like these. Have you ever noticed how some of them were so green and vibrant orange/red? I thought I would pay tribute to the vintage style with the color choices for the site this year.

WITCH MODEL:
S.A.M wrote: The witch, a human mascot along with the ZP one! Is that a first?
Raven wrote:and who did her makeup because she looks awesome! :thumbsup:
For a few years, I've been using a combination of stock photography, mixed with my own photography and photo manipulation, for a home page photo that sets the tone of the site. Previously, it was mostly just a still life of pumpkins and other objects on a table. This year I chose a witch. This came from a stock photo of a model who I don't know. But I placed my own pumpkin carving in her hand, and heavily altered her face and hands, adding warts, spots, hair, bony hands, long nails, wrinkles, broken teeth, etc. Initially she looked too normal, but not after I was done with her. I enjoy this kind of "photo illustration" as I like to think of it.

LACK OF GALLERIES AND CONTEST RESULTS:
ferretrick wrote:I submitted a photo to the contest LAST YEAR! I gave up on contest winners ever being picked a long time ago, but I still had hope my pictures from 2014 would be featured on the site eventually. I thought when the relaunch FINALLY came, maybe, MAYBE it would be there, but now there are no galleries AT ALL??
Well first, let me say that I appreciate everyone's support. Sometimes other forum members can address concerns on my behalf, before I get the chance to do it myself. But... ferretrick has a right to express an opinion, whether positive or negative. And in this case, I agree with the criticism entirely. Things like the galleries and contest winner results should have been displayed on the site long ago. That's on me, so all I can do is offer my apology and vow to make good on the content promises. But when it seems like you're waiting forever, I can understand the lack the faith in my word. Just know that I hear the concerns, and if you're disappointed, I'm probably doubly disappointed to have let you down.

For the record, anyone has the right to express their feedback here, good or bad (as long as it's done in a constructive way). While I appreciate praise, I almost wish there was more criticism. If people don't speak up about their displeasure, I won't know what I need to work on. So everyone... don't be shy about letting me know what features you miss, or what you're waiting for, or what you think the site is lacking. I don't take it personally. Only with the honest judgment can we make this site a better place.
Ajax wrote:I think the galleries still exist there just on a hiatus until after halloween.
Indeed, all the galleries still exist in a database, and all the images on file. Not only the chosen ones for display, but every image ever submitted is saved. As for right now, the old gallery code doesn't quite jive with the new website layout code. It will take some tinkering to make everything display correctly. I haven't removed the galleries to be cruel, just need to make them work again. It's certainly something that will get done eventually, because showing our carving photos is one of the most important parts of the site. These pumpkin rot away, and the photos become all we have.