Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By St0ney
Hey Ryan as Always, I just re-newed My Membership.
I don't carve at the farm anymore, and Pretty much these days All custom ordered carvings.

But I wanted to Support your site, even though I probably wont have time to carve your Awesome Patterns Or Stencils :D .

( The inside Joke Here is: Some people get offended if you call them stencils (Me I don't care, just BUY them) :D

Wanted to pass this on to you, for it could cause you some headaches from NEW Members.
When your sent to Paypal, PayPal Has a Form and asked for a Shipping ZIP.

New Folks that pay may think you ship the patterns Out.
Or ALSO Ship them out.

You may need to reprogram your Paypal Links for memberships.
And Leave out the Shipping info.

Also I'm going to PM you on Same Topic PayPal - But Different Issue.

Here's a Screen Shot

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hey St0ney, look at you and your generous support of the ZP realm. It's much appreciated! :thumbsup: Thanks for the PayPal tip too.

I noticed the ZIP code request on the PayPal form too, and thought it would be good to remove it. In fact, I contacted PayPal about this and I was told that the shipping fields are just standard on their payment forms and can't be removed, even if you're just selling a digital product.

I know you use PayPal also. Did you have this issue and were you able to remove the call for the ZIP code? It may have been 2 or 3 years since I last spoke to PayPal about this, so maybe things are different.
By Kayo
because i dont have a Pay Pal account (i have had issues in the past with them taking my money) when i enter my billing info they got the zip so i missed all that.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
It says "print the patterns" all over the site, and the Terms specifically mention that patterns aren't mailed. So I hope most people who join understand that nothing is mailed. But I can see where it could be confusing. Maybe once a year (well, not even that) someone asks, "When will I receive them in the mail?"
By maegnus
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:It says "print the patterns" all over the site, and the Terms specifically mention that patterns aren't mailed. So I hope most people who join understand that nothing is mailed. But I can see where it could be confusing. Maybe once a year (well, not even that) someone asks, "When will I receive them in the mail?"
You've probably done a great job of making it clear then, because I've received quite a few requests to mail patterns.

I renewed just in time for the relaunch. I can't wait to see some ZPs get carved :frank:
By St0ney
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Hey St0ney, look at you and your generous support of the ZP realm. It's much appreciated! :thumbsup: Thanks for the PayPal tip too.

I noticed the ZIP code request on the PayPal form too, and thought it would be good to remove it. In fact, I contacted PayPal about this and I was told that the shipping fields are just standard on their payment forms and can't be removed, even if you're just selling a digital product.

I know you use PayPal also. Did you have this issue and were you able to remove the call for the ZIP code? It may have been 2 or 3 years since I last spoke to PayPal about this, so maybe things are different.
Okay Part 1! Ryan I will always Support your Site, Many Pattern Sites have come and gone, But When you work HARD, And Look out for your members, Then your not only a great Pattern Designer, But someone who deserves Respect. The amount of work you put into every little detail is noticed by me and everyone else that comes here.

And I truly enjoy our talks Pre and Post Season. During No Way, were both pulling our hair out, Don't get me Wrong, I'm downloading ALL the new Patterns - who knows where I'll be carving Next year, and I will Promote you as I did in the past. if an opportunity arises.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part #2 Paypal: Ryan I don't know who you spoke to But their Full of it. I just took a screen cap of my check out on paypal.

No ZIP Code or shipping Asked! I'm afraid that's all I have to Offer, My Store uses a shopping cart, so I don't really use Buttons.
Wait I do sell the custom Patterns that's on a button. BRB......

To Be cont..... in a few Minutes...
By St0ney
Okay I just Checked and My custom pattern buttons (the page is in the store - But does not use the store) It's just a php stand alone Page, that has buttons programed to go to Paypal They Also don't have the ZIP or Shipping.

Your going to need to run some test, I can tell you That Paypal is Wrong (it's not ALL orders), Try a few things out, and see what Works.

I also Get a few people each season, that ask when am I shipping the patterns out. :roll:
And this is stated That all patterns are downloadable.

Or the Person who spent 3 dollars, and wants me to call them Long Distance, to tell them how to open a zip file. - LMAO !! The call would cost 5 bucks.

I had a Paypal ISSUE for the last 5 years, and finally figured it out this year on my own.
When Folks check out to buy their pattern credit's they are sent to paypal, Once payment is made they are sent back to my site, (and a payment code is sent back stating that they paid (and marks the order as completed and adds the credits to their account), Even though this only takes 5 seconds, Paypal gives them a link to go back Earlier than the 5 seconds, So they come back before the payment code does, if they click that link.
So the store looks at them as they did not pay, (they came back before the code did) and marks the order as pending. I had to put a note on my site to please Wait the 5 seconds, and let Paypal send you back.
(Don't Click the LINK) Since posting that Note, Not One Pending Order. I should Contact Paypal and just see if they can remove that Link.

But I know I'll either Get a NO or be on the phone for an hour with them... :thumbsdown:

Any-who Hope the Info Helps..