Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
What would it take to mark a pattern as a VIP pattern & the year of release when printed?

Now that I've got your attention, let me explain - and apologies in advance if this has been covered, i did try to search.

When I print a VIP pattern, it looks the same as a regular one. I wont wade into whether one's better than another, or anything like that :roll:. The thing is, when I print them out, put them in their page protectors & then slide them into their alphabetical position with their kin in one of the big binders I've been maintaining for the last jeez, how many years now - yikes - they all kinda blend together (there are after all, a LOT of them) - and my pourous memory doesnt help me when it comes to *remembering* whether a pattern was a regular one or a VIP in the current year, let alone one that was special from years gone by.

I dont think it would take much effort & for people like me - and im sure many of you, it might be a little bit of useful info for us and our pattern catalogues.

Or, am i the only one who cares?

What do you think Ryan?
I guess I don't put much thought into that sort of thing, because I continually manage the pattern files, and can pretty well remember which was a VIP Pattern and even what year they were released.

But for those who collect them in a binder, such designations might be useful. Depending on your sorting criteria. Do you sort alphabetically? By year? By category?

I'm open to suggestions, if anyone thinks it would be useful. What would you suggest. A little "V.I.P. Pattern" text next to the copyright year?
Maybe before the name of the pattern in the top right hand corner you could put VIP #1 2012 (insert name) for example. It doesn't bother me as I file mine away by category so it matches with the site.
... or just a stylized version of...

VIP

Somewhere consistent?

I file alphabetically; I dont separate by year or category.

Thanks for looking at this...
I file by category from the site by year, latest first. And yes when you add a category so do I.
The last at the back is for vip's. If a pattern goes into the main the next year , I put move it there.
It would be cool to have something at the top with the name to designate it as being a vip from what year! :D
after you print it, just write whatever file info you want on it before you put it in your collection, or you could get little stickers ie. the little star 1s, and just write v.i.p. or the year in the star, if you do not want to put anything on them create an index page for your binder of patterns, and keep track of the v.i.p.'s that way, I have not printed ALL the patterns on the site over the years, but I do print all the v.i.p. patterns since I have learned that they are 1 and done, even if I don't carve them, the way I tell them apart is I print v.i.p. on colored paper and the regular 1s on white paper makes em super easy to find, especially if you have 100s of patterns from alot of different places
all of my zombie pumpkins are VIP it says so right there on the ZOMBIEPUMPKINS binder :lol: maybe a special little VIP blimp like we have on site but not on pattern in a corner.

there is always the sharpie method as well :wink: