Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By Jaxter
This year I saw alot of plastic pumpkins out on the streets I guess people use it so they don't have to carve a new one every year. They are really popular with the older people too. I guess the just don't have the strength to carve a pumpkin every year. So I was just wondering what you guys think do you like plastic or the original real.

I think real is better because it looks better when you carve into it.
By Joey
Real is better by far. The fake plastic ones far outnumbered the real guys I saw while out trick-or-treating, and I was kind of disappointed. Sure they're convenient, and nice to use as year round lamps, but you just don't have the spirit unless you have at least a real face carving out.
By Kittie
REAL REAL REAL!!!

Way better. We have 41 REAL pumpkins in our yard. And We will do it again next year. This is the 5th year of carving large amounts of pumpkins.

I want mine to be different every year, not the same!
By balsak40
I'm leaning towards "plastic". I get to keep them every year and the stencil is permanent. With Ryan busting out 20-30 new stencils a year, I shouldn't have a problem having carvings to do.

don't worry though... I do buy real ones to carve!
By Joey
By the way, when I heard plastic, I thought of the ready made plastic light up things that you can buy at any store, as opposed to funkins. At least with funkins you can carve them yourself.

Incidentally, I also hate those inflatable things. They're good for knowing from afar that the house will have candy, but they look gaudy at any holiday.
By Kittie
The inflatable Grim Reaper We had at the back of our graveyard was so cool. It wasn't gaudy at all. They are a bit pricey, but man did it sure make the scene!

Real pumpkins are way better, becuase you have to work hard every year, instead of collecting.
By Joey
The arches aren't so bad. They can actually be useful. But like giant green skulls, and halloween snowglobes. Man I hate those snowglobe things.
By Kittie
Yeah I agree with that. Some of them are just lame. But that archway I have is so cool! And its so tall!
By Kerrykinz
real all the way. My upmost favorite smell is a slow burning pumpkin.
By Liderc
Yeah to me real is better, if people see fake pumpkins they can think you just bought the pumpkins. I also think it's just the fun of going to buy pumpkins and cutting it up into these creations(thanks zp) that people are blown away by.