Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By sherlock
Help.

This year I got a friend in the US to send me 4 foam pumpkins. But the cost was too much.
I've had no luck in finding a supplier in the UK.
Has anyone found a way to get them to the UK without costing the earth.

Thanks

Sherlock.
By GUS
What are you after? & are they to sell or carve yourself?
which kins did you hanker for, qty, & freight prices?
You've got to be able to fill that airspace with things to justify the size of cartons required for this sort of thing!
By Flaming smile
Count me in as somebody who'd love to get hold of foam pumpkins in the UK too. I also have a friend in the states who very kindly buys them on my behalf and ships them over here, but as said above It does get very expensive. :(
By Keldon
Same problem here in germany.
I stumbled upon this forum one month ago. The last two weeks I spent many hours to get my hands on one of these beautiful fake pumpkins.
After raiding all local stores I finally realised: My region seems to be completely fake-pumpkin-free. To make things even worse, I couldn't order the pumpkins shown in this forum online.
A cruel fate, a cruel fate indeed. :(
By GUS
chri$t, folk moan but no-one ever asks directly what it'd cost to supply.
however when you tie in 2 lots of post (one from the u.s) & another from the uk, folks really ought to understand that they can cut costs by ordering decent qty's ..ok storage may become an issue, but if you order say 18 at a time it makes things easier, you've got to think several halloween / carving seasons ahead.

like lights, always makes me laugh when folk think 2-6 is a large "discount worthy" order ..when I had to order hundreds in to get them at a reasonable price reflected in the price they are paying, which is why they originally bought from me..

I guess the same will happen next year should I go for the new jack-o-lights & saral, ..international post, tax, import duty, buying 8 months ahead, storage & despatch... remember the blood from a stone Rowan Atkinson advert? (uk applicable)