Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By Mopar Man
I've got 3 michaels foamies for this year and am looking for suggestions on how to anchor them to the ground. As light as they are i'm afraid that a gust of wind might send them flying..
By JMP919
Last year I put a brick on top of them, but I am definately looking for a better idea.
By SaneInsideInsanity
I keep my foamies inside...though i only have 2 right now lol
By GUS
Zip seal bags full of sand,

same for marbles..
By gregh3196
I use bags of small rocks i have around the house. Its free and works great, i have never had one roll away
By sloaner
I have 15 of them and only display them in the windows, mostly because I dont think they are safe out there.
By cuvers
Mopar Man wrote:I've got 3 michaels foamies for this year and am looking for suggestions on how to anchor them to the ground. As light as they are i'm afraid that a gust of wind might send them flying..
actually this year i drilled a small hole on either side of the top, thread fishing line thru them tie it off on a nut or button then string it thru the other side and then you can suspend them off your porch, or in a tree or anywhere you like ppl always think they are real and can't see the line so they wonder how ya did it
By Dr. Frybrain
Assuming that you cut the lid and not the bottom, you can cut a 12" length of 3/4" diameter wooden dowel (broomstick). Drill a pilot hole in one end, and sharpen the other, to create a ground stake.

Drill a small hole in the bottom of the pumpkin, and attach it to the top of the stake (which you've already driven into the ground) with a drywall screw and a fender washer. (The fender washer will keep the screw from pulling through the pumpkin.)

You end up with a big 'pumpkin lolipop' stuck in the ground.