Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
Sorry folks...I didn't pay attention last year when you guys & gals wrote about attaching the patterns to foam punkins.This year we're getting into a few, so I figure I had better ask.The real crop is awful here,so I'll be spending some cash on the Michaels ones.
We use a spray adhesive on the real ones & it works incredibly.I hope to be using the Versa Tool on these, so what should I do...? thanks in advance...Judd :?
By amandap80
I still poke on my foam ones. I uses mostly Funkins, and the paint might flake, so I don't glue. I just pushpin into a piece that will be cut out and poke.
By badgers
On the Michael's I use a washable glue stick. Just trim the pattern, rub the glue stick all over the back of the trimmed pattern, then stick it to the foam pumpkin. Allow it to dry or the pattern can shift while carving.

I use the purple glue sticks that dry clear.....so when I'm done carving I wash the pumpkin in warm water, and the glue gets purple again and that makes it easy to wash it all off.
By cyberdman
Badgers - I do exactly that on all my cut-thru carvings. It works liek a dream. On my shaded carves, I use that blue Elmers washable gel glue.
By shutterbug
Thanks folks...I'll grab some.Got the Versa Tool...gonna try the 1st one once I get some of the gluestick...J