Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
If positioning in a breeze outside, consider a freezer zipseal bag part filled with play sand from a big supermarket of building site to give it some stability, this even works nicely if you wish to cradle a funkin indoors adding some more height to the base for the kin to nestle on top of.
By nosferatu
Ah, good idea GUS
There's a first time for everything Ryan!

Only joking GUS! I've just borrowed your sand idea for some firework trials held in the garden involving Pukin Pumpkin (with the bottom cut out).

Bent sparklers (lit in reverse) work extremely well as do half buried fountains (at an angle). Catherine wheels (too much smoke) couldn't see anything. The sand and a few pebbles worked perfectly although I don't think my daughter will see it that way when she sees her sand pit in the morning.

Fireworks are extremely cheap this year - who says the credit crunch is all bad? Got some amazing bargains.
By GUS
Are you the man that scared pusswhen he was having a poop in your garden? ..put him right off his stride & wouldn't even look at his pan fried chicken breast!

But seriously, just remember there are laws now regarding when fireworks can be used, you might have some irate pet owner legitimately sending the law in your direction..
By nosferatu
Yes you are right fireworks are extremely dangerous. Safety first.These were child fireworks but equally safety first applies. I was stood well back and lit them with a taper. The sparklers work very well on top of the puke and the fountains literally just foamed about seven inches outside the mouth. None of the ones I used last night were in anyway noisy.

I have 2 dogs and 2 cats myself so there was no way I was going to use anything that goes bang - they all wait until November 5th when all pet owners and neighbours know it is going to be a very noisy night. We tend to go to relatives in the country that night anyway as there is much more space particularly for a huge bonfire.

I bought yesterday was a 1000 shot barrage - for £9.99! That's a display in itself. And that was one firework! [/b]
By GUS
firework displays are never the same after seeing Jarre @ docklands in the 80's (i'm the one wearing sunglasses in the video of the concert...at night) you didn't see me ..right!
By nosferatu
I am so going to try and find that!
By GUS
good luck! ..no more clues
By nosferatu
FOUND YOU!!!!!!

By GUS
christ no, wheres my 24 pack!?

...besides he was probably only born in 1988
Last edited by GUS on Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nosferatu
Found a more recent photo of you too. Taken twenty years on. Still wearing the sunglasses I see...............

By GUS
not good enough, though I did have a pair similar to that once, shockingly enough!
80's .....raybans